Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #1

roof leak

I'm about to give up on this whole camping thing. I've only had this TT a couple of months and it seems like one problem after another. I just finished dealing with a flooded camper due to a faulty water filter. While there they were supposed to fix a leak at the shower. I get it towed back to the campground and setup again only to find that night that the shower still leaks. Now it's raining and I find that 3 of the 4 corners leak. Will have to pack everything back up and go back to the dealer.

I'm sorry to whine but I just want to cry. I can't take all this stress. After losing my husband a year ago this was supposed to give me a new direction and peace. All I've gotten is problems. Is this normal to have so many problems with a brand new TT? I just have this awful feeling that I'm going to get it back and it still leak.

jtintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #2

jtintx-my condolences to you on the loss of your husband. my 2109S is a little smaller than your TT but fairly similar. I have not had any where near the kind of problems you have had. Hopefully your dealer will find the problems and get them fixed.

RVing is supposed to be relaxing not stress inducing. It does seem that these units are a perpetual hobby-something always needs fixing. But the problems are usually smaller and more manageable than 3 leaking corners.

Good luck with your repairs and I hope things go better for you next trip out. Don't give up yet!

GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

First thing...take some deep breaths and try to let go of some of that built up stress...and know that everyone on this board understands and sympathizes with your situation. TT's are rolling mechanical/electrical systems...and all systems can have problems of one sort or another. The good news is that any mechanical/electrical system can be either repaired or replaced. Go back to your dealership. Describe the nature of your problems. From what you say, sounds like your TT is still under warranty. Good. Have them address every issue...then, insist that the service manager inspect all work. Accompany them during this process. In addition, have that person turn on and operate EVERY system and device on the TT. EVERY ONE. Don't leave the dealership again until this has been done to your satisfaction...they owe you this much. Hang in there...it will get better. We promise.
Barker 3500 Tongue Jack
DW & a feisty Border Terrier named Painter
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #4

What do you mean by that the shower leaks, is it while your taking a shower the water runs down walls onto the floor in the bathroom? If yes, this is a coming problem in almost all campers so don't get to upset.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atalbot View Post
What do you mean by that the shower leaks, is it while your taking a shower the water runs down walls onto the floor in the bathroom? If yes, this is a coming problem in almost all campers so don't get to upset.
Where the "glass" meets the base i believe. When I'm done showering there is a puddle on the other side of the bathroom wall.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #6

Thanks for trying to reassure me. I feel a little better this morning because it rained a lot last night and the three corners were just damp. Could it be that it was just condensation buildup that had pooled in the corners of the cabinets?. The wet spots were all in cabinets. I found them because some clothes and a towel were wet. I also found some moisture in the fourth corner this morning. .. behind the box of Kleenex on the bathroom counter.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintx View Post
Thanks for trying to reassure me. I feel a little better this morning because it rained a lot last night and the three corners were just damp. Could it be that it was just condensation buildup that had pooled in the corners of the cabinets?. The wet spots were all in cabinets. I found them because some clothes and a towel were wet. I also found some moisture in the fourth corner this morning. .. behind the box of Kleenex on the bathroom counter.
Condensation may be a possibility. Do you have a vent that you can leave open? We leave our two vents open 24/7 during the camping season.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
RKR

I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences. Don't give up on camping, you'll get that trailer dialed in.
I'm also a new RV'r but not new to camping and towing. I bought mine back in late Sept and found this forum afterwards. I was really stressed out myself after reading some of the horror stories on here. I read where people were taking short trips ( shakedown ) to break on their trailers. That's what we did. After 4 nights we only had 2 minor issues. The sink became disconnected from the grey tank and leaked onto the under belly and the stove had a bad burner. They have since been fixed and the trailer is in storage until spring.
Keep good records of repairs and keep track of your problems. Example , "water filter leaked and flooded trailer". This could help you down the road with other issues you might have. My dealer just handed me a very vague repair invoice. I had him give me a copy of the hard copy the mechanic used that describes everything he did.
As mentioned above have your dealer rep give you a solid walk through after repairs have been made to test the repairs. My dealer has water and power hook ups so I was able to test out their repairs before I parked it in storage.
Good luck with your camping adventure it will all work out. I know if I told my grand kids that there would be no more camping they would really be upset.

Good luck and God bless
Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

Condensation may be a possibility. Do you have a vent that you can leave open? We leave our two vents open 24/7 during the camping season.
x2 on condensation.. i hope thats all it was

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #10

On our shower door there is a rubber seal maybe yours isn't sealing the door right, and the roof not sure ours has leaked twice now into the cabinets along our back wall but after the next rain, and it poured, there was no water, frustrating sometimes,I did go up on the roof and do a little sealing on some of the cracks in the seams, also do a search on here for the second year warranty lots of talk about it, good luck and sorry for your loss

Tags
leak, roo, roof