Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2020, 01:13 AM   #1

Rv furniture quality

Going to replace the uncomfortable couch in my 2017 2109s with some theater seats . Please comment on what brands you have purchased and if you were satisfied with quality . Considering either RecPro or Thomas Payne by Lippert.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:29 AM   #2
Always Learning

Why stick with RV furniture? We went to a furniture store and bought a reclining sectional that fit our space perfectly. More importantly, it’s super comfortable!
Old 01-12-2020, 08:16 AM   #3

Rv furnature quality

[emoji107]Lippert. Our Flagstaff came with Lippert theater seats. I don’t think it will last more than a few years. The upholstery quality lacks and the mechanism is not as strong as our LazyBoys at home. Can’t comment on the RecPro but from what I’ve seen at RV shows their quality appears better than Lippert. I agree with ependydad. You’ll have more quality choices if you shop furniture stores ie LazyBoy.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:19 AM   #4

Most RV furniture is lightweight junk.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
Going to replace the uncomfortable couch in my 2017 2109s with some theater seats . Please comment on what brands you have purchased and if you were satisfied with quality . Considering either RecPro or Thomas Payne by Lippert.
We had a 2104s where we replaced dinette with lazy boy recliners see this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cs-153804.html

If you read through the thread there seems to be difficulty doing that on the 2109s due to slide motor/wiring under couch but not sure that applies to your year.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
You’ll have more quality choices if you shop furniture stores ie LazyBoy.
Ugh, LazyBoy. We had a sectional at our house maybe 10 years ago. That was decent and I don't recall financing an arm and a leg for it.

But last year, we shopped for our replacement furniture and got a price quote at LazyBoy for the replacement furniture for our slide. Came out to just shy of $6,000 for a 3-piece straight sectional. I was aghast at the cost and we quickly left. The sales lady called me a couple of times and I finally had to tell her that I just couldn't spend that kind of money right now.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #7

Just out of curiosity....how in the world do you remove and replace the furniture thru the small door openings and such? I swear they must build these RVs around the furniture.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:00 PM   #8

We replaced the crappy loveseat in our TT with two nice Lane leather recliners so we could be much more comfortable. Then I just made a Murphy bed which folded down above the recliners for front sleeping. Getting recliners into RV's is not difficult, as the majority have backs which unlatch and lift off separately.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4010 View Post
Just out of curiosity....how in the world do you remove and replace the furniture thru the small door openings and such? I swear they must build these RVs around the furniture.
I think they're installed into the slideout before it is put into the camper.

As for getting things in/out: it depends. We took a couch out of my old bunk house in pieces. It was a sleeper sofa, so we took the bed out and partially disassembled the sofa.

Everything else we've replaced have been recliners and like mentioned, we just take the back off of the base.

The goons at Haverty's carried the recliners in pre-assembled and fought them through the door, past my railing, and damaged my cheap dining table. Mom had a reupholstery business as a kid and I would have been flogged if I moved furniture like these guys did. And I was young! I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 helping move heavy freaking furniture.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #10

Our Lippert theater seating is comprised of three sections.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #11

RV furniture comes apart. The backs lift off the chairs and sofas, most always.

If you possibly can, go to Lambrights just south of Shipshewana, IN. Expensive, and top quality.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #12

A few years ago, my husband and I replaced the usual two chairs with soft RV chairs. We are very pleased with them. They are really very comfortable and high quality. I also really like their design. Now we are thinking of buying two chairs for my parents because the price is not very high.
rommroma557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality