Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #1

Question rvw western p/u location

We just purchased a Rockwood 2701SS from RVWholesalers that should be ready in about 3-4 weeks.Even though we're in the middle of a major snow storm (Alberta,Canada) we are looking forward to getting our trailer and using it on the return trip.We were planning on p/u the trailer in Minot SD at a mutualy agreed location,but would prefer to meet at a dealership
that could do the walkthrough with us.I thought that I read on one of these forums that RVW had a dealership in Des Moines Iowa but couldn't find anything.I am curious as to where other RVW buyers from the west have p/u their trailers and how the walkthrough went.I have tried contacting RVW,but haven't heard back yet as I'm sure they are fairly busy at this time.Thank-you for taking the time to read about my situation and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Darryl, Janet & Lucas
djalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for the diversion...(thanks tocommander ryker...)

I believe that you're confusing RVW with RV Direct, which have a pick-up point in Des Moine, Iowa. RVW has the Lakeview, Ohio location only. They will deliver to any agreed upon point on the US side of the border, but be prepared to break out the wallet and open it WIDE!

BTW, welcome to the forum! Visit often!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #3

Thanks Dave. Have you ever used an rv wholesaler? If so what did you do as far as picking it up and was the pdi to your satisfaction.I'm assuming the walkthrough at the dealership would be a little more thorough.
djalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We bought our 2008 Rockwood 2605 at RV WHolesalers in 2007 and picked it up in Lakeview, Ohio.

WE bought our new camper, a 2010 Rockwood 8280WS through RV Direct and picked it in Elkhart, Indiana in Feb this year.

The PDI seemed pretty rushed at RVW as it was our first camper and we didn't know anything. The second time, we already knew how everything worked and could concentrate more on details, fit and finish etc. The PDI was much better with RV Direct, there was nothing to note. On the PDI at RVW there were a few items that should have been addressed before we got there.

Hope this answers your questions.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalberta View Post
Thanks Dave. Have you ever used an rv wholesaler? If so what did you do as far as picking it up and was the pdi to your satisfaction.I'm assuming the walkthrough at the dealership would be a little more thorough.
I would caution you that the PDI is an "Inspection" not "Instruction". It is your job to "inspect" everything and make note of what is wrong. Don't think that because a dealer sells RVs that they know how all the systems on all their RVs work. When talking to a salesman at our local dealer before we bought our Georgetown, he was totally ignorant as to what half the switches in the rig were for, thought that the large box in the side compartment which is to cover the hydraulic pump was an inveter which FR doesn't put on their rigs and tried to tell us that they had added lots of the items at their cost for which FR actually puts on the rigs as standard.

Don't go into it expecting that they will teach you how things work as they may not know themselves.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood