Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #1

RW 2306 - Availability?

I have two questions:

1. Why is it so difficult to find a RW 2306? I'm in the upstate of SC and I've been looking at RV Trader and several other sites for the past month, and I have yet to find this unit anywhere within two states of me. Is it because of where I live - they just aren't that popular? Are they not built in great quantities? Is it the time of year (winter season)?

2. I know I can order one, but I assume it's going to take a while for it to be built and delivered. Do you guys have any idea of how long I should expect that to take? Couple weeks? Couple months? I have no point of reference for this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Done with this

RV trader says this.

Alabama (1)
Arizona (4)
Arkansas (1)
California (10)
Florida (5)
Indiana (2)
Minnesota (2)
Ohio (6)
Pennsylvania (4)
Texas (4)
Washington (4)

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #3

It looks like a perfectly fine TT to me, too, but not having slides may make it unpopular. We bought our current Sunseeker because it does not have slides, but our floor plan has been discontinued. For us, to gain a few feet of living area is not worth giving up storage space or cargo capacity. To each his or her own, but those of us who want to live without slides must look a bit farther afield.
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry2some View Post
It looks like a perfectly fine TT to me, too, but not having slides may make it unpopular. We bought our current Sunseeker because it does not have slides, but our floor plan has been discontinued. For us, to gain a few feet of living area is not worth giving up storage space or cargo capacity. To each his or her own, but those of us who want to live without slides must look a bit farther afield.

You know, I've never thought of that, but it makes sense... I have definitely noticed that the 2104S is much more widely available - at least around here. But with a family of three (9 year old daughter), the 2306 is the floor plan that works for us. The 2104, even with the slide, can't offer the same sleeping arrangement.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #5

If you didn't know, the Flagstaff line has a model 23lb that is exactly the same as the Rockwood 2306. Just some different fabrics and colors. We have a 2306 and love it. Good luck searching.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #6

In 2012 , I ordered my Rockwood 2604...March 1st.
I took delivery of it June 8th (10 weeks)in eastern Ontario,Canada
Just to give you an idea of what to expect.
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
....But with a family of three (9 year old daughter), the 2306 is the floor plan that works for us. The 2104, even with the slide, can't offer the same sleeping arrangement.
And let me tell you how valuable that extra bunk is when there is no one sleeping in it. LOTS of storage there.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #8

I would agree that the lack of a slide probably keeps this floor plan from being stocked. Everyone thinks they need the slide.

I had the 2306 w/murphy bed for two seasons and loved it. That Murphy bed made the camper feel huge inside. However, the wife wanted to start bringing the dog along ($20/night in the kennel was killing us) and there was just no extra space for him. Perfect for our family of four, however.

If I had it to over agin, I probably would have opted for the 2504S instead.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
jammer 16

I've ordered 2 windjammer in the last two years the first took 10 weeks to the 2nd was ordered Oct 23 haven't seen it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
rlschurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
Director, FROG

Quote:
I have two questions:

1. Why is it so difficult to find a RW 2306? I'm in the upstate of SC and I've been looking at RV Trader and several other sites for the past month, and I have yet to find this unit anywhere within two states of me. Is it because of where I live - they just aren't that popular? Are they not built in great quantities? Is it the time of year (winter season)?

2. I know I can order one, but I assume it's going to take a while for it to be built and delivered. Do you guys have any idea of how long I should expect that to take? Couple weeks? Couple months? I have no point of reference for this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!
53flattie, try sending a note to Brett Doberenz, Sales Manager at the Flagstaff/Rockwood division. He can tell you which dealers in your area have ordered the model you want, although he can't necessarily tell you whether they've sold a unit or still have it in stock.

You can reach Brett at bdoberenz@forestriverinc.com.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
53flattie, try sending a note to Brett Doberenz, Sales Manager at the Flagstaff/Rockwood division. He can tell you which dealers in your area have ordered the model you want, although he can't necessarily tell you whether they've sold a unit or still have it in stock.

You can reach Brett at bdoberenz@forestriverinc.com.

Thanks so much FROG. I'll absolutely do that.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #12

Quote:
I have two questions:

Thanks in advance!

I ordered my Ultralite 2905ss around Oct 5th. The info sticker on it is dated Oct 29th. It was delivered to the dealer here in Ontario Canada just as they closed for the season (November ish). So as for ordering one I don't think they take long at all.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper77 View Post
I ordered my Ultralite 2905ss around Oct 5th. The info sticker on it is dated Oct 29th. It was delivered to the dealer here in Ontario Canada just as they closed for the season (November ish). So as for ordering one I don't think they take long at all.

The time frame is different depending on the time of the year. The closer you are to spring, the longer it's going to take. I would think that the fall is the slowest time of the year for RV Mfg. I have a friend who purchased in early March... He didn't get his TT until June (around 13 weeks). I've heard of worse.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #14

RW 2306 - Availability?

Ordered my Rockwood in early Sept just got Dec 23! The RV market is still very hot, plus I ordered in the mid year change from 2014 to 2015's. I stand corrected we ordered it in August at the Six flags New England RV Show.

Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #15

RW 2306 - Availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rig View Post
Ordered my Rockwood in early Sept just got Dec 23! The RV market is still very hot, plus I ordered in the mid year change from 2014 to 2015's. I stand corrected we ordered it in August at the Six flags New England RV Show.

Wow... I wonder if the demand is that great or if it's also due to a rollback in production?

I guess the 8 week turn around for my 2306 was a little deceiving.... My dealer already had 3 on order when I committed. They had just enough time to add our selected options before it went into production. I'm sure it would have been much longer, otherwise.

Tags