Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #21

Congrats, pad and trailer look great. Enjoy!!!!

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #22

Trailer and pad look great. A bit of a tight fit, but well done on the pad. Cement can be one of those mediums that looks easy to play with until you are the one doing it, lol. I am a little late to the party with this thread, but as a Mini Lite owner I havent had any major issues to deal with. Just a few minor issues. Reading through the comments, I was able to get a "local" dealer to match RVW's price (the local dealer added a freight cost, but that was worth it to me). So the dealer I purchased from was about 4 hours away, versus RVW that was about 16 hours away. But up until we found the dealer we bought from (only found them because drive past them on our way to visit family), we were prepared to purchase from RVW because their customer service was awesome and their price was too. Just found it more convenient to buy from a more local dealer since we had never towed anything before, and the thought of driving 2 days with a trailer and no experience didnt seem like a smart move

Old 03-25-2015, 07:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
Trailer and pad look great. A bit of a tight fit, but well done on the pad. Cement can be one of those mediums that looks easy to play with until you are the one doing it, lol. I am a little late to the party with this thread, but as a Mini Lite owner I havent had any major issues to deal with. Just a few minor issues. Reading through the comments, I was able to get a "local" dealer to match RVW's price (the local dealer added a freight cost, but that was worth it to me). So the dealer I purchased from was about 4 hours away, versus RVW that was about 16 hours away. But up until we found the dealer we bought from (only found them because drive past them on our way to visit family), we were prepared to purchase from RVW because their customer service was awesome and their price was too. Just found it more convenient to buy from a more local dealer since we had never towed anything before, and the thought of driving 2 days with a trailer and no experience didnt seem like a smart move
Just an FYI- RVWholesalers will deliver right to your door for the same or less money than most dealers charge you for delivery.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #24

Took the camper for its maiden voyage this weekend and thought I would share my experience and impressions so far, in hopes that it will help someone else - the way I've been helped by this board...

We went to a local KOA for the first trip bc it was close and had full hookups. I'm towing with a Tacoma, and have been a little apprehensive from the get-go about how it would handle the weight. I have to say that it does a very admirable job of towing. With the Prodigy brake controller and the WD hitch, I was comfortable. Take-off is a good bit slower than normal, but that can be expected with a 4K pound trailer behind you. Towing mirrors are a must. I bought the universal CIPA brand from Amazon for $18/ea. I also ordered a wide-angle lense for the passenger side, which is MUCH better than the standard one. The mirrors were recommended by the guys on a Tacoma board and they were right - simple to attach, and pretty stable even at highway speeds.

As for the camper itself - wow. We couldn't be more pleased. (Keep in mind that we've been in a 1999 pop-up for the last 5 years, so part of my excitement should probably be tempered with that...) Rockwood really put a lot of thought into this trailer and it shows. Things we LOVE - electric awning, built-in LED awning lights, electric tongue jack (I love it, wife probably doesn't even know it's there), the portable TV mount, surround sound system, the large storage tray under the couch, and of course, the Murphy bed. Everything works together great. One thing we really liked, and didn't realize until we used it - the different "zones" for the surround sound. What that allowed us to do last night was to lay in bed - with our daughter asleep in her bunk - and watch the basketball game without disturbing her. We muted the TV itself, and only turned on the two speakers over our bed (Zone 1). It worked perfect.
We loved the grill that came with it, along with the small "prep table" that hangs beside the grill. Both are good quality and work well.
I read some folks complaining about the lack of storage space, but we found there to be PLENTY. In fact, we haven't even filled every space...

Few minor complaints (if you can call them that) - the toilet seat is noisy, as many have pointed out. The ladder for the bunks is a poor design as it arrives from the factory. It is basically useless and I'm actually surprised the product liability lawyers for FR let it go out... It basically just leans against the rail of the top bunk, and could VERY easily slide off to the side or the feet could slide out. Neither would not be good for the child climbing it. I saw another member here who had added hooks, so I copied that idea. I also had to trim the bottom corners just a little, else they would dig into the floor covering. It works great now.
We love the full-extension drawer slides, but two of them (one under the sink, and the one under the couch) seem to be slightly out of adjustment. You have to slam them fairly hard to get them to "latch" (if that makes sense). I looked around them to see if there was an adjustment, but I didn't see anything. Does anyone have any advice on that?

A few pictures.

I used an old workout mat to line the exterior storage compartments. When I put my WD hitch and bars in there the first time, I realized they could easily damage the flooring.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428286576.627321.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	73191

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428286600.728108.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	73192

All set up (wife has some kind of picture app that does this):

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428287340.960210.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	73199
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:28 AM   #25

I had the same issue with the drawer under the sink it would not open or close easily. I added some blocking to the rear of the slides to stiffen them up.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428323031.831991.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	73214
The drawers under the table had to be adjusted slightly also since they did not close square.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #26

Very nice! It sounds like they've made some nice upgrades.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
I had the same issue with the drawer under the sink it would not open or close easily. I added some blocking to the rear of the slides to stiffen them up.
Attachment 73214
The drawers under the table had to be adjusted slightly also since they did not close square.

That looks like a good fix. Two questions - how do you get the drawer out, and how did you attach the first piece of wood to the wall? The stove is on the other side of that cabinet wall.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2006 Toyota Tacoma
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #28

There are little black release levers on the drawer slides about in the middle when the drawer is fully extended. One will lift up and one will push down. Then just pull the drawer out with the levers held. There is something solid under the stove that I was able to put a couple screws in and it holds great.

Tags