Old 08-31-2016, 07:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigster_mi View Post
so does this mean there are two others models (2507s and 2508s) that we don't know about?

craig
Good question. We'll find out ~September 22nd. From the contact at Forest River:

"Our annual product open house is 9/19 9/22 and after that period, all of our dealers will have all of the new info on all of the new trailers"

I will be waiting until then to see how the floorplan on this 2509S looks. I like the larger bunks and outside kitchen but don't like the TV setup (even though we don't watch to much TV I like the setup in the 2504S) and it looks like it loses some interior storage space. I also can't tell if their is a linen closest in the bathroom in those pictures.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Good question. We'll find out ~September 22nd. From the contact at Forest River:

"Our annual product open house is 9/19 9/22 and after that period, all of our dealers will have all of the new info on all of the new trailers"

I will be waiting until then to see how the floorplan on this 2509S looks. I like the larger bunks and outside kitchen but don't like the TV setup (even though we don't watch to much TV I like the setup in the 2504S) and it looks like it loses some interior storage space. I also can't tell if their is a linen closest in the bathroom in those pictures.
From what I see from those pics I don't believe there is a linen closet in bathroom. near as I can tell you lose the outside storage under bunks(where I keep power cords, fresh water hoses and drain accessories), the bathroom linen closet and the cabinet above the sink. pantry appears to have moved from between stove and refrigerator to where entertainment center is on 2504S. Agree about TV setup not being too well thought out. looks like maybe some inside space under lower bunk, I wonder if that lower bunk tilts up? I don't see the control panel in those pics either and I'm not sure having the thermostat right by the door is a great idea. Bigger bunks and outside kitchen would be nice. Couple of mods on our 2504S:
added drawers to deep pantry shelves, added fireplace to entertainment cabinet, made magazine rack, mounted "portable" power management in under bunk storage.

craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mod_cabinet_drawer.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	118953   Click image for larger version

Name:	mod_fireplace.jpg
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	118954   Click image for larger version

Name:	mod_magazinerack.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	118955   Click image for larger version

Name:	surge02.jpg
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	118956  

Old 08-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #13

Quote:
From what I see from those pics I don't believe there is a linen closet in bathroom. near as I can tell you lose the outside storage under bunks(where I keep power cords, fresh water hoses and drain accessories), the bathroom linen closet and the cabinet above the sink. pantry appears to have moved from between stove and refrigerator to where entertainment center is on 2504S. Agree about TV setup not being too well thought out. looks like maybe some inside space under lower bunk, I wonder if that lower bunk tilts up? I don't see the control panel in those pics either and I'm not sure having the thermostat right by the door is a great idea. Bigger bunks and outside kitchen would be nice. Couple of mods on our 2504S:
added drawers to deep pantry shelves, added fireplace to entertainment cabinet, made magazine rack, mounted "portable" power management in under bunk storage.

craig
Yes, I did notice the thermostat by the door and wondered about that. I told the contact at FR about the TV fail but he reads this site anyway so he already saw the OP complaint about that.

I would love to see the floor plan and specs for this new camper now. I was a phone call away from pulling the trigger on a brand new 2504S until I saw this post and contacted FR. I will wait until Sep. 22nd to see it but would hate to wait until then, only to decide to buy the 2504S because of lack of something.

I actually wouldn't mind if they made this a foot longer, to be honest. I am not a big fan of large 30 footers but hope they don't scrunch too much into the same 2504S footprint, which is fine as it is.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Yes, I did notice the thermostat by the door and wondered about that. I told the contact at FR about the TV fail but he reads this site anyway so he already saw the OP complaint about that.

I would love to see the floor plan and specs for this new camper now. I was a phone call away from pulling the trigger on a brand new 2504S until I saw this post and contacted FR. I will wait until Sep. 22nd to see it but would hate to wait until then, only to decide to buy the 2504S because of lack of something.

I actually wouldn't mind if they made this a foot longer, to be honest. I am not a big fan of large 30 footers but hope they don't scrunch too much into the same 2504S footprint, which is fine as it is.
I don't think I would trade our 2504S for the new 2509S now but if it had been available at the time I might have been tempted. On long trips we take a mini frig left over from kids dorm days and I have a stove from a pop-up that can mount on outside rail and I bought a fish cleaning table that has sink/faucet that I hook to outside shower hose so I have an "outside Kitchen" but having it built in would be nicer. I imagine the weight is also higher because of the second kitchen equipment and at the time I had a SUV but now have a truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp092615.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	118967   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper_kitchen.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	118968  
Old 09-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
so does this mean there are two others models (2507s and 2508s) that we don't know about?

craig
Just noticed on RV Wholesalers website there is a 2507S and a 2509S coming soon. No Floor plan shown yet
Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Just noticed on RV Wholesalers website there is a 2507S and a 2509S coming soon. No Floor plan shown yet
thanks for the heads up.

craig
Old 10-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #17

Just saw a video on YouTube on the 2507S....as soon as it's first sale at our local dealer were buying it. Perfect floor plan for us.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996alnl View Post
Just saw a video on YouTube on the 2507S....as soon as it's first sale at our local dealer were buying it. Perfect floor plan for us.
Yep! Wife loves that pantry!
Old 10-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #19
Now Camping Year-Round!!

I agree that the 2507S is the perfect floor plan! DH really wants the outside kitchen, but the inside of the trailer prototype (which is showing on RV Wholesalers site as the 2509S) from the Goshen rally wasn't really what we wanted. Don't want bunks at all.

The 2507S has a larger bathroom with the garden shower, a fair bit of storage in the bathroom, does not have the TV viewing problem the prototype had, and in general seems to have lots of storage both in and out. The 2507's outside kitchen is larger and far superior to the prototype. And they're coming standard I believe with Serta mattresses too.

Judging from the pictures on Haylett's RV website (it's their YouTube video I saw), there was a spec sheet for that trailer. If I read it right, it listed the oven as optional. I really hope so cause I never use them except to store pots in. I'd like a cupboard instead and hoping there's options to upgrade to a convection microwave oven, and also upgrade the A/C from 13,500 to 15,000 BTU's. Also hoping slam latch doors are an option.

Waiting to actually walk through one before we order.
2011 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel King Ranch
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
I agree that the 2507S is the perfect floor plan! DH really wants the outside kitchen, but the inside of the trailer prototype (which is showing on RV Wholesalers site as the 2509S) from the Goshen rally wasn't really what we wanted. Don't want bunks at all.

The 2507S has a larger bathroom with the garden shower, a fair bit of storage in the bathroom, does not have the TV viewing problem the prototype had, and in general seems to have lots of storage both in and out. The 2507's outside kitchen is larger and far superior to the prototype. And they're coming standard I believe with Serta mattresses too.

Judging from the pictures on Haylett's RV website (it's their YouTube video I saw), there was a spec sheet for that trailer. If I read it right, it listed the oven as optional. I really hope so cause I never use them except to store pots in. I'd like a cupboard instead and hoping there's options to upgrade to a convection microwave oven, and also upgrade the A/C from 13,500 to 15,000 BTU's. Also hoping slam latch doors are an option.

Waiting to actually walk through one before we order.
The oven seems to us to be an option in some of these Mini Lites, judging by the spec sheets and videos online of trailers that don't have them installed. We ordered a 2109s at the Hershey Show and would have preferred it without the oven. The dealer knew nothing about it being an option (although the order sheet lists it as such) and the Forest River rep there didn't know anything about it. I told him I'd show him videos without the oven, but he seemed to think that the dealer was removing the oven and replacing it with the cupboard. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, things were crazy busy there so we didn't press the issue.