Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #21

Jim, you need to use a Diplexer and I believe an Isolator to do what you're trying to do.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #22

the diplexer is how dish does it when they want to run a tv ant with the sat receiver output.
i'm wondering how the tv stations were able to simulcast the digital and analogue signals on the same channels before they killed the analogue signal. unless the digital signal wasn't really on the same freq...
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
the diplexer is how dish does it when they want to run a tv ant with the sat receiver output. i'm wondering how the tv stations were able to simulcast the digital and analogue signals on the same channels before they killed the analogue signal. unless the digital signal wasn't really on the same freq...
Yes, the digital signal was broadcast on a different channel and they used virtual channel renumbering to make you think it was on the same channel. (That's a feature of digital TVs that wasn't there before.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #24

i probably won't be able to get around both being on the same freq.
another way would be to go in and get the cable going to the catv and run it to a vcr or something. feed the vcr to a line input on the tv and the output of the amplifier to the tv in of the tv. you can switch from line to channel and not have to get up and switch the feed. won't solve every problem but it is a way to relax.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote