Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #1

satellite hook up

I finally was able to get satellite hooked up and working...I placed the receiver box in the living room, however, I dont have signal in the bedroom, I thought that these cables all worked together. Did I have to access the bedroom cable first in order for it to be viewed in the living room also. I can still use the over the air antenna in the bedroom while viewing the satellite in the living room..I know that the same program will have to viewed in both places, I never gave it a thought that hooking it up this way would not work in both rooms. The outside connection is on the side of the bedroom, so does it go there first? thanks
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

You need to provide a little more info for us to understand how you have it hooked up. Please include what type of RV you have. Until we have this info it's just a guessing game.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #3

Are you trying to do something similar to this? Milzat posted a great diagram;

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...room-6967.html

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #4

We have a 8296ss model, sorry I forgot to post that, just assumed that they would all be wired the same.

Yes that is exactly what we are trying to do, sorry that I didnt see the posting before I basically posted the same question...I hope that I can figure this out, I am not very good at hooking up components..I will take a copy of the diagram with me on my next visit to our campsite and see what I can come up with..thanks

I have a similar set up in our home, so maybe between the diagram and our current set up at home, I will be able to get it working.
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood