Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

Unhappy Serious condensation/leak issue in MiniLite 2306

We recently purchased a 2306 minilite and took it out for the Thanksgiving break, which was only our second time. Within the first night we started to see lots of water beading on the wall, across the top seam, behind the Murphy bed. Then there was beading all the way around the strip that meets the wall to the ceiling and more water beading lower behind the Murphy bed. We thought that there must be a leak with the amount of water but the RV place tested it with a sprinkler for just an hour and found no leaks. I am not convinced that there isn't a leak and the first night we were there is was pouring rain and the water issue just got worse. Does anyone have any issues with this in their 2306 and if so what do you do to help prevent so much condensation?

Thanks
dblaettler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #2

It may just be condensation if we dont open a window just a little bit on cooler nights we have the same problem. next time out open a window a little bit to help move some air this might cure your problem.
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
Hob

We found we move out at least 1 gallon of water a day with our dehumidifier. The dehumidifier has been a real boon to keeping windows etc. dry.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Site Team

a dehumidifier only works if you have electric hookups and unfortunately, virtually none of our Calif. state parks have any kind of hookups.
the OP was at Bodega Bay and unless they were at a private campground, none of the state or county campgrounds in the area have any hookups.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Hob

For as much as they charge, from what I've read, I just assumed they had water and electric. Guess assuming got me to that donkey position.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
For as much as they charge, from what I've read, I just assumed they had water and electric. Guess assuming got me to that donkey position.
yea, we have to pay usually $35 for a non-hookup basic campsite. all it comes with is a picnic table and a fire ring.
if it's near the beach, a non-hookup site can cost up to $50.
and the handful of state park campsites that do have hookups, can cost between $50 and $65. and most have no sewer hookup.

makes private campgrounds look more and more attractive, especially when you can get hookups for the $35.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaettler04 View Post
We recently purchased a 2306 minilite and took it out for the Thanksgiving break, which was only our second time. Within the first night we started to see lots of water beading on the wall, across the top seam, behind the Murphy bed. Then there was beading all the way around the strip that meets the wall to the ceiling and more water beading lower behind the Murphy bed. We thought that there must be a leak with the amount of water but the RV place tested it with a sprinkler for just an hour and found no leaks. I am not convinced that there isn't a leak and the first night we were there is was pouring rain and the water issue just got worse. Does anyone have any issues with this in their 2306 and if so what do you do to help prevent so much condensation?

Thanks
I have not had issues with condensation in my 2306, however, we always sleep with windows open.

Did you ever find out what the cause of the water beading was?
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #8

My 2306 is as tight as a drum when the windows and vents are closed. I noticed the condensation issue on our first camping trip in early spring of last year. It only occurred in the morning when the TT was sealed up tight, and the coffee pot was perking on the stove. Problem solved by opening the windows a crack along with the ceiling vents.
Gkconfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaettler04 View Post

Thanks
My question: Was it raining (and how heavily) on the trip from your home to your camping destination ? We had a serious water leak situation with a previous (2007 Rockwood 2601) that was only evident after driving in a heavy rainfall. Dealer couldn't find the leak with static testing, and tried to put the blame on condesation initially as well. Eventually, after much to-ing and fro-ing, the trailer had to be returned to factory where they replaced the roof and entire left side panels. The beading along the ceiling/wall junction was identical to what you describe and over a period of time, many small pimple-like bumps developed along the upper inner walls.

I would advise that you get this issue well documented, for future warranty claim purposes.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags