Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #1

Smile Sig Ultra 8314bSS/ WJammer 3001W

New to the board and Forest River and was hoping to get some opionions/ideas. We are looking to upgrade our 2005 KZ 2605 to something a bit bigger. We are trying to avoid fifth wheels but to get the type of layout we would like there is not a lot of choices out there without going real big under 10k gvw to tow with my 2500hd gasser 6.0l. We are looking for a super slide with 2 recliners, sofabed, dinette chairs, bedroom slide etc. The model/ models we have found look right up our alley. We went to the dealership last week to see an 8314bss and really liked it. We also were pointed out by the salesman in a brochure we may want to check out the 3001w Windjammer as it is similar. Since they didn't have a 3001W on the lot I looked for pics on the internet and it appears to almost be the same unit as the 8314bss except the bedroom and a small change in the bathroom. I have searched my area and need to do a road trip to see one in person so was hoping anyone that has one of these can maybe add any info.
I see the propane tanks in the front corners but don't notice any battery storage. For those that have one I assume the batteries must be where the propane tanks are? Is there any room left where the tanks are store to put other small things. My other concern with both models is no thru storage and seems smaller than many trailers or my current one.
Once again anyone who can add any info or comments on either would be appreciated especially the Windjammer as the extra front closet storage really is liked by the wife.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

The 3001W is the same as the Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS which I have and at 34' they are not small TT's. Check this post out and follow the instructions as they have a 30WRLS slide show. As far as storage in the nose well there is just enough room for the tanks. Also it is suprising how much stuff will go in the one outside storage compartment which is also accessable by lifting the bed which is on hyd struts to hold it up and aid in lifting it. THe battery sits between the nose jack and the front of the V and is a tight fit. Also that front closet is quite large and even driving on a highway that reminded me more of a secondary dirt road than a highway not one hangar came off the racks.

Great pictures of v-lite

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #3

Good Day. We purchased a 8324BSS in April of this year and really like the added room. Sounds like we choose the same options you are looking into. We got the two leather recliners in the rear, the large slide with windows floor to ceiling, with the stand alone table and chairs. We had a 25 foot Sunline with no slides. This has more than enough interior space and storage. Outside storage took some adjusting as this unit has no pass thru. We didn't us our under the bed storage much on our previous unit, but his is were the room is on this model. The bedroom slide is great. Plenty of room to walk around. The wardrobe is a good size for us and there are so many drawers we have a hard time remembering what is in each. We have not had the unit very long, but the overall quality seems good. We had a squeaky floor vent and a foam seal under the bedroom slide that the deal fixed for us last week. We are getting ready to spend another week if you would like an update.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
New to the board and Forest River and was hoping to get some opionions/ideas. We are looking to upgrade our 2005 KZ 2605 to something a bit bigger. We are trying to avoid fifth wheels but to get the type of layout we would like there is not a lot of choices out there without going real big under 10k gvw to tow with my 2500hd gasser 6.0l. Thanks
Air Bags for Duramax??

I highly recommend reading this thread regarding the GMC 2500HD limitations on GVW.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood