Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
Thanks for your input. Jack, it sounds like you got a great deal! My local dealer quoted me $24,500 (he says the MSRP is $34,000 but I don't believe him). RVW Wholesalers offered $20,500, but I've read some horror stories about them, so I'm not jumping in.

It would save me money to get the smaller TV and replace it with a larger model. I would do that only if it was a simple matter and did not require any modifications.

The Signature series looks great, but it is not an option for me because of its weight.

alerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Not sure where you live but tank heaters have come in handy for us more than once.

Outside BBQ and gas lines are handy.

Outside table that hangs on the BBQ rail.

Ipod/iphone adapter/plate to the stereo or maybe a sat radio if you like that kind of stuff.

Standard auto style 12v plugs if it doesn't already have them.

Specify and aluminum spare as well or you'll probably get the standard white wheel.

Other than that, I think you've pretty much got it covered for what I would order.

Oh yeah, one last thing; Tell them to NOT screw a cheap white plastic paper towel holder into your cabinets.....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Oh yeah, one last thing; Tell them to NOT screw a cheap white plastic paper towel holder into your cabinets.....
Russ & Kim
2014 Alpine 3600RS
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 4X4
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
I think you would find just as many satisfied customers with RVW. I purchased from them in May and overall it was a great experience and we saved a bunch of money. The staff was helpful and went over every detail of the camper. The only problem I have had with the camper is a bad TV, and they sent a new one out within a couple weeks.
2013 Mini Lite 2109s
2006 F150 STX 4x4
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
I called the service rep that RVW told me would handle warranty work for me, if needed. The man confirmed that he indeed would accept the TV for warranty work. This, at least, satisfies me that I won't be stranded with no one to do repairs under warranty.

As it is now, RVW offered me a price that is $4,500 less than my local dealer. If I were to have the TT delivered to me, it would cost me about $2000. I will try to get my local dealer to drop his price $2000. If he accepts, I'll have the best of both worlds. If he doesn't, I'll opt for the savings and buy from RVW.

Thanks to all for your input.

alerra is offline   Reply With Quote