Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #1

signature 8289ws rear chairs

how do you guys secure the rear chairs for travelling.
i have the strap that is fixed to floor, put the chairs back to back and secure with strap, i have made 4 sleeves that fit around straps so as not to mark the fabric, jam pillows in between backs of chairs, cushions by side tables and still pillows fall out, i am worried about the fabric rubbing and making a hole there,
any suggestions gratefully received
ali
2015 - 210 days camped 2016 - 189 days camped
2017 - 198 days camped
hitch hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch hiker View Post
how do you guys secure the rear chairs for travelling.
i have the strap that is fixed to floor, put the chairs back to back and secure with strap, i have made 4 sleeves that fit around straps so as not to mark the fabric, jam pillows in between backs of chairs, cushions by side tables and still pillows fall out, i am worried about the fabric rubbing and making a hole there,
any suggestions gratefully received
ali
Can you post some pictures. We have the lazyboy recliners in our 2013 8289WS and never had any problems. And what pillows are falling out?
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

We have the 8529IKBS with the rear chairs.
We don't jam anything between the chair backs or the tables on the sides.
Just put the chairs back to back.

I have found when attaching the strap that tucking the strap in between where the armrest and the chair back meets gives a much more stable platform for the strap than just having it across the pillowy part of the chair back

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #4

I do what 5picker does as far as tucking in the straps. I put pieces of pipe foam insulation on the pull lever that is against the wall so it doesn't scrape. The space for storing the chairs is very tight between the slide out and back wall on my model so I periodically cinch up the straps. I also drape a towel between the chairs to prevent rubbing. I had gotten rub spots on the chairs in my last RV. Be careful when you open the slide out after driving as the chairs may have shifted. I broke off a piece of the decorative fascia on the slide out the first time I used the trailer because it hung up on a lever from the chair!
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakejumper View Post
I do what 5picker does as far as tucking in the straps. I put pieces of pipe foam insulation on the pull lever that is against the wall so it doesn't scrape. The space for storing the chairs is very tight between the slide out and back wall on my model so I periodically cinch up the straps. I also drape a towel between the chairs to prevent rubbing. I had gotten rub spots on the chairs in my last RV. Be careful when you open the slide out after driving as the chairs may have shifted. I broke off a piece of the decorative fascia on the slide out the first time I used the trailer because it hung up on a lever from the chair!
Good point on the chair handle(s).
I didn't mention it but similar to you, I use a pool noodle on the chair with the lever towards the wall. And you are right... when that driver's side slide goes in and out, it JUST clears the handle on the other chair. Be very careful to check EVERYTIME! We always open the passenger side slide first (that slide isn't as big so no interferrence) and walk back and look.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatum65 View Post
Can you post some pictures. We have the lazyboy recliners in our 2013 8289WS and never had any problems. And what pillows are falling out?
Same here. The only difference is we put the chairs facing each other. Have never had a problem with them moving, rubbing against each other, etc. We also put a short piece of round foam insulation on the handles just in case. Plenty of room for the slideout to come in/out.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote