Old 10-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #1

Question Signature 8312SS weight???

So we are tossing between the Signature 8312SS and a Wildcat Maxx 30DBH. Love the quality of the Rockwood, but only shows a cargo capacity of 896lbs on one we want??? That would be eaten up just with people sleeping in it would't it? Is this rating just for towing, or when you have everything you take with you, and occupants, while at camp? Please help.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #2

It's just for towing/rolling down the road. On a trailer, you don't include people weight.

You do need to include water if you carry any (in freshwater tank, water heater, gray and black tanks).

Personally, my family wouldn't survive on 896 lbs. But we're known for packing heavy.

ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #3

Awesome. Thank you sooo much. That was my worry was it meant with people at the campsite.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #4

This is late response, but i bought the 8312 and the cargo weight is mainly allotted around 1,000 lbs on all TTs. Look they pack everything, to include the kitchen sink. Getting out and camping will make you realize that this is plenty of cargo. Many opinions are heard, but doing it for yourself and you'll see. I'm learning , and my wife is too. Kids are realizing, that they are too tired to do anything but watch a movie or tv at the end of a day. We are slowing shedding off weight. Good luck and the 8312 is a real nice TT, I was torn between the 8311. But the lighter 8312 with more OS kitchen sold us, and we use it. Happy camping to you!🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
8312ss, weight