Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #1

Signature Ultra Lite

We are looking for a new fw, and the Rockwood Signature UltraLite model 8285 is at the top of our short list. Does anybody care to comment good or bad on this particular model, and/or the SUL line of fw's in general.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #2

I have the signature ultralight 8313. I have a 2008 and I am the second owner. We have used it a lot in the year we have owned it and we love it and have had minimal problems.FR has been available to answer questions.

bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

We have the Flagstaff 8526RLWS Signature Ultralite. The Rockwood line has an identical floorplan. http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...series=8WideFW

We love ours. Dishes stay put since they are located between the wheels and everything is available including the dinette when the slides are closed.

We can sleep in the master bedroom (even with the WS slide closed. Access everything in the kitchen (including the pantry!); go to the bathroom; and even eat in the Dinette; all without opening a slide.

There is 18 inches between the two main slides when closed.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #4

Lou,

Quick followup on your comments. We have studied that floorplan in both a Rockwood and a Keystone product. Wife likes the room very much when opened, but we typicaly stay gone 3-5 months when we travel. We tend to set inside and watch tv a lot so I think we'd miss not having chairs to set in. Your thoughts?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #5

We have a Rockwood 2009 8314BSS with rear livingroom. Came with leather recliners. We really enjoy the room and only praise for the Rockwood units and Forest River.
We subscribe to Trailerlife and we have note that Keystone seem to be the one company that is always in their letters from owners with problems getting resolution to unit problems. I've noted that Keystone seems to refuse to cover problems. Just something my better half and I have noticed. Forest River has been excellent with anything we've encountered. The Dealer is also something to check out. A great dealer makes ownership easy.

Gary S.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alageezer View Post
Lou,

Quick followup on your comments. We have studied that floorplan in both a Rockwood and a Keystone product. Wife likes the room very much when opened, but we typicaly stay gone 3-5 months when we travel. We tend to set inside and watch tv a lot so I think we'd miss not having chairs to set in. Your thoughts?

If that's the case, check the floorplan of the Flagstaff 8528CKWS. Perfect for what you want. Great flow and floorplan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8528CKWS.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	8240  
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
azwade

I have the 2011 Rockwood 8280WS Ultra lite that I pull with my 1/2 ton Toyota Tundra. Absolutely no problems. Great combination. Best feature is the two Lazyboy recliners. I have been caught snoozing many times while watching TV....
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by alageezer View Post
Lou,

We have two large size bag chairs for surround sound movies.

Typically my DW sits at the dinette multi-tasking with her iPad while I watch the movie. from the couch or bag chair. The TV does swivel to face the couch or dinette, but then the surround speakers are not optimum.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #9

I have to say we really like our 8285! We just purchased it this January and spent a month in Florida. We then pulled it from Virginia to out west this summer, 5 weeks and 10,000 miles. If you do a search on this forum for 8285 ws you will find a lot of info. I would get the upgrade 15K AC. I also removed the tv stand in the bedroom and added a flat screen TV. Also don't forget to get the 2nd year warranty from forest river (I think it was only $150). Most dealers won't tell you about this as they want to sale you a warranty (highly profitable for them). Be sure to shop around as prices can vary $10,000.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #10

Thanks folks. Based on the comments here, we have pretty much decided we're going for this unit. We are dealing on one now, his offer is just a little high, but I haven't counter offered yet. Just got awarded my VA disability,and waiting for the retro pay to show up.