Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #21

The service manager at the dealership suggested I call Doug Fought as Forrest River and see what he suggests. Unfortunatley he is out this week. I left a message with Warranty Service and received a call back from Shiela. She was very helpful and ordered a new skylight and having it sent to the dealer for another shot at replacing it. She said there is no sense in putting bandaids over it by adding more sealant. Replace it and maybe they will find the problem when they remove the new/old one.

I cannot be happier so far with the customer service at Forrest River as well as the dealership I have been working with.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #22

I just called Forest River Inc corporate phone number: (574) 389-4600 and talked to Roger in the warranty dept. He took my VIN # and stated ours was not a part of the recall.

Very thankful~
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #23

Thanks for the number clancy. Dropped mine off today for the skylight and a couple others repairs. Called Roger on the way back and he confirmed mine is in the recall. Hope too much damage hasn't occurred.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #24

Ok, time to beat a dead horse.

I see several people have posted having condensation in the skylight. I never notice condensation in my skylight util after it was replaced in February do to a recall. Since then we have had some good snows here and some cold and warm weather. I seen quite a bit of condensation build up. I talked to the people at the dealership and am told that would be common if using the 5er in the cold weather or I have a leak in the roof. I could accept this other that the fact that if you pull the garnish off inside you can see the condensation is going to go into the roof structure... Not good.

Forrest River had sent a replacement skylight to my dealer to have reinstalled. My concern is is this going to be an ongoing problem? I do use my trailer as late as November and as early as February, I am going to be using the heat.

Today I talked with Doug Fought at Forrest River and explained my concern. He commented that they have been using this skylight for quite a while and have not had an issue. He did offer to contact the dealer and see if they could find and install something that had a sealed penitration style of skylight similar to what a the exhaust fan might have.

I think everyone is being very helpful at both the dealership and Forrest River but I have to wonder what am I missing? My last rv was a 17 year old Damon Daybreak motorhome and I never noticed any condensation in that unit the whole time I used it. Do I have a different problem?

Sorry for the rambling but I tend to overthink things at times.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #25

We just bought a used rockwood fifth wheel yesterday. Today we noticed condensation in the bathroom skylight. Then we contacted the guy we bought it from who told us about the recall and sent us the recall letter. He kept that a secret. I'm wondering if we can get this fixed under warranty as its a recall?? I am just sick about this. My husband checked and the roof has definitely sustained damage inside and out.
Arly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #26

I would contact Forest river (574) 389-4600 ,I would think they would take care of it because it is a recall and it is still under warranty .I would call right away.GOOD LUCK !!!!
williamm72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamm72 View Post
I would contact Forest river (574) 389-4600 ,I would think they would take care of it because it is a recall and it is still under warranty .I would call right away.GOOD LUCK !!!!
Thanks for the number. My husband called and the female that answered said "we have to go through the skylight manufacturers and because we are not the original owners we will have to deal with it on our own. Come on FR there is still warranty from the first owner and its a recall!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #28

Even the first owner would have to talk with the equipment maker. That's just how they do it in RV land. (It's pretty disgusting in lots of cases but we keep buying them.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #29

Yes and the first owner who promised to help us with any issues...has now dropped off the face of the earth!!! Won't return or acknowledge any phone calls, messages or emails!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #30

Does anyone have a phone number and name of someone higher up in FR that is sympathetic to our issues. I mean I'll even buy extended warranty if it will help!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #31

Forest River isn't going to sell you an extended warranty (they're not in that business) and they're not going to help you! Call the skylight maker.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #32

Hi Arly, sorry to hear about your issues.

BarryD is probably correct but it sure wouldn't hurt to contact FR. 574-642-5165 This is the number for Doug Fought, the warranty manager with the Rockwood warrantly division. I have had great luck dealing with him as well as other staff in this division. I do get the feeling that FR or at least the Rockwood division is really trying to step up to the plat with customer service.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arly View Post
We just bought a used rockwood fifth wheel yesterday. Today we noticed condensation in the bathroom skylight. Then we contacted the guy we bought it from who told us about the recall and sent us the recall letter. He kept that a secret. I'm wondering if we can get this fixed under warranty as its a recall?? I am just sick about this. My husband checked and the roof has definitely sustained damage inside and out.
I didn't read you post properly. Shame on me.

So this RV is under warranty and all the guy would have had to do was take it in and they would have fixed it for free, but he sold it instead? What a scumbag. Maybe he didn't know about the secondary damage.

It seems to me that that's what still needs to happen. He needs to take it in to the dealer where he bought it, with his recall letter, and ask them to fix it. Maybe you can do that as his agent, or maybe you need to get a lawyer to coax him out from under that rock he slithered under. Either way, I think it's attorney time to deal with him.