Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #1

Slide Locks

Does anyone use the turn buckle type slide lock, (oem) on a Mini Lite ? I've heard horror stories of folks who forgot to remove it before extending. While I can envision that happening, I'd rather not use it. There's nothing real solid on the slide to butt it against , that I can see to be of any value. Am I missing something in the manual?
Freetyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:10 AM   #2
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme1 View Post
Does anyone use the turn buckle type slide lock, (oem) on a Mini Lite ? I've heard horror stories of folks who forgot to remove it before extending. While I can envision that happening, I'd rather not use it. There's nothing real solid on the slide to butt it against , that I can see to be of any value. Am I missing something in the manual?
Late to your party...

Your slide locks are not unique to the Mini Lite. They come as standard equipment with many other FR products. We've travelled four yrs and 13K miles without the locks in. Well... we did use them once and... you guessed it, tried to extend the slide with the locks in. No damage but we've left them out ever since. However, we keep them in the TT just in case we end up with a failed slide mech.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #3

When they were supplied with our fifth wheel we used them. They had bright orange tags that hung down to remind you to remove them before sliding out. You could also put some kind of tag on the switch itself. I figured there was a reason they were supplied with the trailer.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, lock