Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by View Post
I'm interested in this thread about slide locks. I have a 2503S and the slide confuses me a bit. (First RV with slide for me)

It's different from other slides I've seen (like brother's fifth wheel). The 2503S does not have any mechanical / manual means to extend or retract. Motor drive only. There are four toothed bars on the outside of the slide. Two upper, two lower.

When I asked the dealer during pick up inspection where's the crank - well there is none.

When I asked the dealer how I retract if no power there was a lot of "checking" by phone. He came back with
Remove a trim panel 2 screws.
Disconnect Motor Power Connector
Push Slide in by hand
Reconnect Motor Power Connector

Since there's no crank or fitting to crank I had to believe that's how it's done.

But I am concerned. If you can "push" it in what keeps it from just as easily moving out?

Anyone have a similar slide design? Have any thoughts about this? Ever tried to move it without power?

Answers might me scary, but will be aprreciated.
We're a little off topic from the OP's question, but the slide you're describing is a Schwintek slide by Lippert. Here's a link to some info... Schwintek In Wall Slide-Out

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
Dave, I would have had to search quite a bit to find the Schwintek info. Thanks for helping me with that one.

The dealer's instructions were not wrong - just super thin.

For anyone with this style of slide (mozeyrn) you shouldn't need slide locks. Although you should check the link to Schwintek and make sure you have the trouble shooting instructions - LIP Sheet 0260.

Fred, Gail and Sandee the Puggle
2008 Pathfinder, Native Ultimate 14.5, Delta 10

2012 Rockwood 2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
I posted this earlier.

I had an issue with the driver side slide. It would not deploy all the way in or out. Close, but perhaps 2" short both ways, and on the front end only. The dealer had the unit for several days and fixed the issue.

While bringing home the unit, I exited the highway at an interchange that was a slow, tight, downhill, right turn that merges with another highway. I was going perhaps 15mph. As I looked in the rear view mirrow to check for traffic, what did I see???? The top of the slide was tilted out about 12"!!! WOW!!!

I immediately went back to the dealer. The owner and mechanic both spent some time and were rather perplexed. The solution? I now have two Slide Locks to prevent this from happening.

Actually, this solution is okay with me, as I will not worry about it again. But, it does seem to me that this should not happen. Anyone else experienced this?

Folks can do what they want, but I'll use slide locks.

Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is online now   Reply With Quote