Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #1

Slide out not working

Slide out quit working on my 2010 Rockwood 1809S-complete dead silence. Checked breakers and fuses in the electrical panel. Does anyone know if there are any other fuses or reset button anywhere else? Will go out to storage this weekend and hook a battery directly to the motor and see what happens.
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #2

Electric or Hydraulic?
Hydraulic then start checking batteries, fuse for the hydraulic motor and switch.
Electric, ditto, but most likely is a bad electric motor.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

Thanks,
It has a Thompson Saginal electric motor
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
AKA KE2DX

Check under the front of your TT...Follow the positive lead from your battery and you should find a fuse holder w/ a 50amp fuse...I'll almost bet that its blown...I had the same problem last year and sure enough...it was that fuse. Good Luck!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #5

Slide out not working

You may want to check for wires that may have been chewed by mice. Also you should have a manual crank stored up front. You could use this to get better access to motor and wiring. Good Luck!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #6

I had same problem recently. No noise. Checked 30 amp fuse at tongue of trailer-fuse good. Removed fuse from holder, cleaned prongs on fuse, reinstalled fuse--worked fine
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Elaine View Post
Check under the front of your TT...Follow the positive lead from your battery and you should find a fuse holder w/ a 50amp fuse...I'll almost bet that its blown...I had the same problem last year and sure enough...it was that fuse. Good Luck!
This was the exact fix for the same problem on my Flagstaff 27BESS which is just a rebadged Rockwood 2702SS.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #8

Slide not working

Thanks for all the responses. I checked the fuse coming from the battery-OK. Inspected all the wires that I could and found no breaks. Hooked a battery directly to the slide motor and it worked fine. Running out of ideas. Maybe the switch is faulty?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkstyx View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I checked the fuse coming from the battery-OK. Inspected all the wires that I could and found no breaks. Hooked a battery directly to the slide motor and it worked fine. Running out of ideas. Maybe the switch is faulty?
that is a possibility. if u can, u can check the voltage up to the switch and after while trying to activate it. don't overlook the other side of the electrical equation...the ground.
there is also a possibility of corrosion on the terminals of the fuse/fuse holder. the voltage check above should tell which side of the switch the problem is on.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #10

I would check this rocker switch. Take it out and check the continuity with a tester. We have a 2011 1809s and the other day after checking for my regular inspection the middle wire was almost off the switch connector.You can also check even if it not related to your problem the channel end stop on the end of the running track. This stopper is only held with a big bolt and can go out of line quickly if the slide is at the end of the travel. This can cause the stop guide to not line up perfect and create a friction when the slide is in motion. What I did to cure this is I drilled a small hole and installed a locking screw so the bracket stay in good alignment and dont cause extra friction while in motion. It is hard to explain but I can post a photo if someone need it.