Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #21

Dehumidifier

Have the Eva Dry 1100 (2 weeks) ultra quite. Has all the features of larger units, good for 1,000 sq. feet. So far works great for those low temperature high humidity days, minimal heat (propane) loss opening windows and vents.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #22
Plain Old Member

We use the full blown 30 qt dehumidifier. Sits on the floor in the living room out of the way. Originally got it for full timing, but kept using it in present rig. It's not in the way, and it is worth it. I don't like cracking windows and vents. Only open the bath vent for showers and such. Initially did crack windows and vents, and still didn't solve the sweating issues on windows. With the dehumidifier, I can leave towels drying inside (dry by morning), no muggy feel in the camper, ever, windows never sweat, air feels dry inside and so on the benefits go. I have not run any kind of tubing. It's just my morning routine to shut it off and dump the bucket. No biggy really. It does put off the heat, which is great in the winter. Not a big deal in the summer really as the AC more than overcomes what heat the dehumidifier puts off. When the rig is not in use, just have multiple damprid outfits in the camper.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:06 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Thanks for the info. Will check next time at HD but may be to late in the year now. Later RJD
Had 4 at our HD when we bought it the other day.. Tons of dehumidifiers on the shelves as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote