Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
Will silcone around the whole tub where the tub surround wall meets the tub and hopefully this will fix it.
Did this work? Our tub basin has gaps everywhere along the walls. We too had issues with carpet being wet with the first shower. We didn't take any more on the maiden voyage and I intend to seal as well. Are the tubs supposed to be tucked outside of the walls?

I'll get pics on Thursday for comments. If it is a shotty job of installation it'll be going back to the dealer.

Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Did this work? Our tub basin has gaps everywhere along the walls. We too had issues with carpet being wet with the first shower. We didn't take any more on the maiden voyage and I intend to seal as well. Are the tubs supposed to be tucked outside of the walls?

I'll get pics on Thursday for comments. If it is a shotty job of installation it'll be going back to the dealer.
Yes, caulking between where the tub walls meets the tub worked. We also had a water leak that I would notice when running the shower outside. Kept the water pump humming non stop. Turned out to be a loose fitting hot water line fitting. Cold was getting loose so dealer tightened all this down. Our main slide was pushing in too far at the bottom causing our table to hit the wall and rub. Dealer adjusted out about 1/4" so no rubbing anymore but of course I now have a rub mark on the table and wall where they rubbed for weeks. I will either stain the table area or have FR send me a new one. I also noticed a little peeling of the "Signature" on the front bedroom window cover that opens and closes. Will keep an eye on this but it will probably need replaced before warranty goes out. All in all I think QC has been pretty bad. What kind of tires did your unit come with. We have the Trail Express.

I had no idea the outside sink drains to the black. How did you determine this. Pretty crazy.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to theanglins
Hi Doug from Innisfil Ont.. I have done almost 1 full camping season with our 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra lite 8312SS.. Had a couple of problem But very miner. (1) The pump for the fresh water would lose prime and run for hours on end until you turned on the tap so it could draw water and displace the air. I talk to rockwood themselves and they told me what the problem was. There are well aware of that. The fix is put a shut off valve in the line of the antifreeze. The outside cap is not strong enough to prevent air from entering the system.
(2) The stereo that come with the until is alright at best. the sub woofer you can't hear or feel the bass at all. It a poor design, I cover the port hole to re stick some of the air flow and now sound like you have a space ship landing on you trailer. That the way a sub woofer is suppose to sound..
(3) I also have power jack stands that came with the trailer when I bought it. The problem you can't use both at the same time, too much stain on the power and it blows fuses, mind you its only 15amp they use. So we do one at a time..
We had no leaks whats so ever, Ive even driven in heavy down poor for about 1 hour and when we got to our campsite open everything all the slide outs dry as a nice summer day...

Tags
8312ss