Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Stabilizer Jackets

All,

I have a question about deploying the stabilizer jacks on my 2604. The owners manual and label on the TT say to make a 1/8th turn after the jack stops and not to pick up the trailer with the jack. That is about a clear as mud for a newbie.

What is the best way to deploy the jackets to get the most stability without damaging the TT or jackets? Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Arn
Arn

Crank them to "very snug". They are stabilizing jacks, not leveling jacks. If you have trouble with the exterior door in the living area opening then loosen off the stabilizer in that corner just a touch. I still have a lot of front to back movement in the trailer so I'm going to try a pair of "X" chocks. Here's hoping!
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #3

Thanks. I do not think I adjusted them right on the last outting and keep feeling like I listed to the left the entire weekend. Heading out in a couple of weeks and will add a little more pressure to the jacks after leveling. I will let you know how it works. Cheers,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
Thanks. I do not think I adjusted them right on the last outting and keep feeling like I listed to the left the entire weekend. Heading out in a couple of weeks and will add a little more pressure to the jacks after leveling. I will let you know how it works. Cheers,

FYI The stabilizer jacks is like a walking cane. It is just to stabilize the trailer movement only when walking inside. If you felt that the trailer was leaning I would think that your side to side level was off and that would be corrected by adding plywood under the correct tires. Front to back level is only adjusted with your front jack(s)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #5

John,

Thanks. Understand. I am keeping a log of successes and failures during the outtings. Leveling is on my do better list as is learning the correct way to use these darn jackets without damaging something.

I had the trailer pretty level by the bubble at the reefer and center of the livingroom, but it just felt like it listed a bit to the left especially with the slide out. I am guessing I should take the weight of the slide into consideration and find out the affects on level then compensate for it.

My wife said she did not feel it and not worry about it. Maybe I should listen to her.

Appreciate everyone's help. Leaving in a few weeks for Front Royal for 5 nights, so I will have plenty of practice getting this right.....slight pressure on the jackets and blocks/wood for the side to side level. Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #6

GREAT!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood