Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #1

still have a leaky shower

Does anyone have this problem? We have an 06 8296ss and we have a leak at the base of the shower door where it meets the tub. we have caulked all along the bottom of this unit, even up the sides of the glass and we still cant seem to get it stopped, it leaks enough that there is a puddle on the floor when we shower, we just dont know where else it could be coming from. we looked underneath of the shower and didnt see any signs that it could be coming from the faucet.. any thoughts as to where else we could look. I just worry about any leaks becoming a larger problem..
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have you tried turning on the shower and stepping back out of the shower to see if it's at the door itself? Maybe it's running down the door and out from the bottom track? Just a thought! Good luck.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #3

That's what mine does!!!!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #4

yes we have tried that route with no indication that is where it could be coming from..
Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #5

hey randy sorry to hear you have the same problem, gets to be very frustrating doesnt it,,,what have you tried...is it worse some times then others? sometimes mine is a very big puddle and other times it only leaks enough to puddle in the corner without running to the floor....
Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #6

Our 2009 Flagstaff has this same problem. I have chaulked the inside and outside at least three times. Just did it the other day and hope that this weekend it does not leak.

Mike and Donna
South Central Pennsylvania

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (gas)
2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
(Since June 3,
2008)
Mikesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Grape Escape

Sure it's not just from what lays in the door edge or track once it is opened?
After caulking everything that is all we found puddle was from. Usually out away from the stall
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #8

Mikesr will you let us know the results of this weekend, we are just baffled by this, seems like you have done exactly what we did and still no luck,,and in response to desolen, we thought that same possibility also, but after careful inspection, you can see the water slowly seep into the corner when the shower was left running before even opening the door. ..we have tried everything,,but any other suggestions are still greatly welcomed.there is obviously a fix here, its just finding the culprit...we will keep trying..
Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
got any pics?

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #10

That is what mine is from; the water beads left on the door glass upon exiting the shower vibrate slightly when opening door, and gravity makes the beads of water run down to the bottom door track/gutter, which is open on both ends... henceforth THE PUDDLE !!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Smile

The shower in our old Keystone Trailer had decking which the shower pan was supported on top of. We had a drain leak that did not show up under the decking but the water ended up on the bathroom floor. At first I just thought maybe the shower curtain was not closed but later found out the pipe had a small crack in it. Depending on where I stepped in the shower made a difference of how much water came out. It was running under the pan but on top of the support then down the side out to the floor. I tore the whole thing out, replaced the cracked piece of pipe with a fernco, rubber coupling, and built a new better support deck for the shower. Thankfully that was the end of our shower leaks.

Is it possible that this is what's happening? Try running the shower with someone inside and have them step around the drain area. Keep an eye ynder the shower and see if there's anything happening there. Just another possiblility!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #12

Im sorry that I am not explaining it very well, let me try again..our setup is the garden style tub with the shower door. It is the neo style in which there is glass on both sides of the door. I dont have an open track on the shower door, the door swings out. So I know that the leak couldnt be in the drain because the tub has sides on it at least 1 foot or higher..We have tried watching while the other one showered but still cant seem to locate the leak, We do know for sure that it isnt coming from the door itself. The water collects in the far corner where the tub meets the shower door frame, it them puddles to the point that it runs down the sides of the tub onto the floor.. We have caulked both stationary glass sides and also the door. We are just totally dumbfounded as to where the water is coming from...I will attach some pics when we get back on Sunday,,,nothing is more clear than a picture,,maybe then someone will be able to relate thanks for all your input
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #13

Blue Eyes, my latest caulk job did not fix the problem. It is very frustrating. I did remove the access panel that gets you into the drain trap at floor level and all is dry. I looked really close again yesterday after it had a chance to dry from the weekend and it looks like the aluminum seams of the door track might have a slight gap. The gasket at the bottom of the door deflects the water inward but into that track. There is a large bead of clear caulk from the factory over one of the screws for this track but the track still has hair line spaces at either end. I am going to caulk them with clear silicone caulk and try it this weekend. More reports to follow and maybe some pictures too. This is a real pain.

Mike and Donna

2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
(Since June 3,
2008)
Old 05-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #14

Fixed my leak

Ok finally got the shower leak solved. This time I caulked the small cracks that area in the aluminum frame that is at the base of the door frame. I used clear silicone. After two showers this weekend no leaks. YEAH !!!!

Mike and Donna

2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
(Since June 3,
2008)
Old 05-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #15

congrats on solving it!

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #16

mikesr
I am pretty sure that we caulked those also, you are taking about where the metal meets each other on the bottom track and there is a very fine crack,,correct? We did put caulking there,,with no success, will take a better look when we go again,,I am glad for your success. Maybe we can find some small place that we missed, however, we seemed to have caulked every possible place we could seem without success, yes it is very frustrating...we will keep trying however..thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #17
Chris and Sara

Man you guys are scaring me!! I just got my 829 FKSS with the garden tub, guess I will watch for this!!

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 AM   #18

Dont mean to scare you renegaderailfan, and its not like there is a alot of water thats pouring over the side, its just an annoying puddle that collects in the corner that you have to deal with,,Im hoping that we can find the culprit as mikesr has. Gonna keep investigating and caulking til we get it... I am sure that you will enjoy your new trailer, other than a few little quirks, we love ours.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #19

The leak is really more annoying then damaging. As for where to look Blue Eyes, check the fine cracks that are in the metal track around the door, when where that rubber flap is located on the door. I also put a bead of clear caulk around the pane of glass in the panels that are stationary, but only along the bottom. We actually still have a slight trickle of water but no where near what it was.

Mike and Donna

2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
(Since June 3,
2008)

Tags
rockwood