Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #21

With your relatively expensive rig, I would go with the expensive surge protector.

Our RV club President had a surge event last spring at our rally in Daytona and he said it would cost over $2K to rewire his coach. I went out the next week and bought the $235 surge protector.

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the near max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming . . . not good when semi's are passing you at 80 MPH)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #22

We have a Windjammer 3008W. Just installed a permanent mount surge protector under the sink cabinet in the bathroom. There it is out of the weather and protected from theft.

We have correlle plates from our last trailer. Only take enough dishes for me and the wife. Everything else is plastic. Store them in the cabinet above the sink in the front of the trailer. No problems so far as they seem to ride there just fine. Wife put non skid shelf liner in all cabinets.

I have a set of plastic level blocks (like large legos) but they are only about 1 inch thick. I also carry a 5 foot 2 x 6 to use if I need more lift. The level blocks are also used under the stabilizer pads. You might also think about x-chocks between your tires and scissor jacks under the axle brackets to keep bounce to a minimum if you have a longer trailer.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #23

Forgot to mention needing the X chocks to hold your tiers in place when not attached to your truck.

RV Wheel Chocks, RV Leveling Blocks, RV Tire Chocks - Camping World

Also need folding chairs

Green Director's Chair - Four Corners 69699 - Folding Chairs - Camping World

and 9 x 12 patio mat

etc, etc

(the near max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming . . . not good when semi's are passing you at 80 MPH)
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckinca View Post
Forgot to mention needing the X chocks to hold your tiers in place when not attached to your truck.

RV Wheel Chocks, RV Leveling Blocks, RV Tire Chocks - Camping World

Also need folding chairs

Green Director's Chair - Four Corners 69699 - Folding Chairs - Camping World

and 9 x 12 patio mat

etc, etc
Just left the RV supply store, purchased a
really good surge protector, an above average sewer hose ( 15, ft hope that's long enough ), a 30/50 amp connector and they gave me a FREE cup of coffee. Hopefully the surge protector and the 30/50 adapter are a one time purchase. I feel much better about camp power now with the surge protector. I really like the directors chairs and I do need a mat (does it ever stop ? ) Still waiting on my Camping world catalog. Once again thanks for the input Chuck "still in Va "
Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #25

So did you get a table for outside yet?

Bug control?

Lighting?

Went with a couple of chairs like this from Costco.

http://www.wayfair.com/Caravan-Canop...0-CQA1034.html
Old 01-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

Bug control?

Lighting?

CaravanCanopy Infinity Zero Gravity Chair | Wayfair
Not yet , still working on it. Keep adding "STUFF" I will need a trailer behind my tt. Then I will have added so much extra weight I will need a new TV. I already looked at them WAAAAAY outta my price range. Chuck "Still in Va "
Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #27

On a lark stopped by Costco on the 4th of this month, new colored tumblers were seen and bought and added to the stuff in the lite.

This has been on going even before we picked it up....
Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

Bug control?

Lighting?

CaravanCanopy Infinity Zero Gravity Chair | Wayfair
My wife bought one of those zero gravity chairs about three years ago. She has never used it and we have to haul it around everywhere we go just in case she wants zero gravity - and they are heavy and take up a lot of room.

Hate dem!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #29

Now for my next question. My Windjammer came with an outside propane grill, my intentions are to use a lot while camping. I have researched their use through this forum. A major concern was that it is mounted on the TT, right next to the Gel coat and under the awning, concern was the heat and smoke from the grill could cause damage. Most of these posts were old, I was just wondering if things have changed , or is the opinion still the same. I also realize that the grill supplied is not a top of the line, but should suffice for a season or two. By the way the grill did not have a quick disconnect propane line with it, the dealer said it should have come with one, they will make it right on my next trip. Thanks in advance for any responses. Now is a good time to get these answered by the pros, so I don't look completely lost on my first outing. Chuck "still in Va "
Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I glanced thru these post and didn't see it but if I missed it I apologize.

The most important thing you'll need to stock is a decent digital volt/ohm meter!

TURBS