Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #31
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
We use Corelle dishes and store them in the drawer under the fridge. They're heavy, so low to the floor is best. We use small squares of the non skid shelf liner between the plates and saucers as well.
For drinking glasses we use the plastic double walled/insulated type, and usually have 3 or 4 up in the freezer.

We use the upper cabinets in the kitchen for lightweight stuff, such as paper plates, paper towels, ziplock bags, tinfoil, garbage bags, etc.

We do stock canned goods, and those go in the lower pantry shelf, on a non skid shelf liner.

Silverware; in a silverware tray in the top kitchen drawer. Larger kitchen utensils in the second drawer. Never had a problem with that set up.

Pots and pans; under the island sink. Lots of room in there.

I used to pack away all my "pretties" that I set on LR shelves, etc. until I discovered "museum putty" via this forum. LOVE that stuff! It holds niknacks in place very well.
We also use the Corelle dishes with the non-skid liner between each dish. Works great for us, too. Will have to try the museum putty for other items.

2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
Now for my next question. My Windjammer came with an outside propane grill, my intentions are to use a lot while camping. I have researched their use through this forum. A major concern was that it is mounted on the TT, right next to the Gel coat and under the awning, concern was the heat and smoke from the grill could cause damage. Most of these posts were old, I was just wondering if things have changed , or is the opinion still the same. I also realize that the grill supplied is not a top of the line, but should suffice for a season or two. By the way the grill did not have a quick disconnect propane line with it, the dealer said it should have come with one, they will make it right on my next trip. Thanks in advance for any responses. Now is a good time to get these answered by the pros, so I don't look completely lost on my first outing. Chuck "still in Va "
Our TT has a built in propane line with quick disconnect connection for the grill. It is to the right of the grill mount on the TT behind a 3" round door.

We use the grill all the time with the awning out and haven't noticed any smoke or heat damage to the side of the TT or awning.

15' of sewer line should be more than enough 95% of the time. We use two five foot sections and that works most of the time. When puling into a new RV spot we position the TT sewer drop as close to the in ground sewer connection and then check the distance for the power connection. If it's too far for power you can re-position the TT sewer drop some that may be enough to make the power connection. If that doesn't work we carry a 25' 5/8 Hose that is used only for sewer (flush it out with city water when done making sure that there is an "air gap" at the city water source.)(we bought a sewer cap for the TT that has a hose connection)

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote