Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
New to RV's, not camping

Storm Windows Discontinued???

I just called my dealer to get an update on my Rockwood 8317SS that I ordered in March. He said that he wanted to update me on the fact that Forest River has discontinued putting storm windows in their RV's that are build and used in the US. They are only putting them in RV's that are being shipped to Canada. Has anyone else heard of this??? This seems REALLY STRANGE to me. He said he will reduce the price he quoted by the amount of the upgraded storm windows, but this seems VERY ODD.
Explorer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #2

Storm Windows

I finally took a good look at the storm windows that we purchased with our 2902ss. The windows (plastic) are attached with screws to the inside of the frame, problem is I have to remove the day/night shades and the valance so that I can install the screws at the top of the window frame. I would not purchase these windows again, too much work and they are very poorly made.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #3

Are we talking about dual pane windows???????? I ordered my unit in Oct/09 with the dual pane windows and the frames are all metal black in color..

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
New to RV's, not camping

Originally I heard they were snap-in or screw in plexiglass windows that went over the originals from the inside and did not allow you to open the windows when in place. My salesman then told me that they were actually dual pane windows that opened and closed together similar to a house window, but were not sealed like a house window, (Air could get between the glass). But I figured this would help keep it cool in the summer and warm in the fall, so I ordered them. After I ordered them though, I was told that Forest River discontinued these except for units destined for Canada. So my priced was discounted by the amount of the windows and I received the unit without them.
Explorer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #5

The windows that I received with my Rockwood 2902SS are thin plexiglass with aluminum frames that screw into place. Oh and the other thing that I have to remove is the knob before they get attached. So 1) remove valance 2) remove shades 3) remove knobs 4) attach windows. The back window in our unit is also an emergency exit so a storm is not provided for that window. Best thing to do is buy a unit that has actual insulated glass, keeps out heat and cold.....next rv we will get it right!
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood