Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #1

Suggestion on getting our satellite Dish Wally TV outside to the TV

Should be a way other than the coax cable going out a window or door... right?
Rugman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Are you wanting to get the signal from the wally to an outside tv? If so, there are a few ways to go about it.

1. You could get a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver. That wouldn't require any wiring, but it's a tad expensive.

2. You could repurpose one of the coaxes that run from the wall plate to the outside and then run a coax from there to the tv.

3. They make flat coax, so you could run it out the slide by the seal and not affect the seal much.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #3

I could never get a signal thru the “ sat plug “ on outside of rv so I just open the slide a tad bit and run it thru the slide opening and close it on it , no big deal
RVBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #4

When you connect to the sat plug on the outside of the rv...did you switch the able behind the tv to the sat connector? There are typically 2 coax connectors behind each tv. One comes from the antenna. The other from the sat plug. Separate feeds.

I put a switchable splitter behind each of my tvs....so I could easily switch between antenna and sat without swapping the cable.

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
When you connect to the sat plug on the outside of the rv...did you switch the able behind the tv to the sat connector? There are typically 2 coax connectors behind each tv. One comes from the antenna. The other from the sat plug. Separate feeds.

I put a switchable splitter behind each of my tvs....so I could easily switch between antenna and sat without swapping the cable.
Probably looks like this:

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #6

sat hookup

I do not have a switch, even had a sat guy come over, must be a splitter in the wall or something, I have direct tv but still same issue , I hear this is a common problem.
RVBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBill View Post
I could never get a signal thru the “ sat plug “ on outside of rv so I just open the slide a tad bit and run it thru the slide opening and close it on it , no big deal

X2
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #8

There is flat coax short piece you can run through a window. I used to do that.

I'd also pull the plate at both ends and see what color coax is used. Most times (sometimes?) they use different color coax to each connection. I had to do that to ensure that the "orange" (in my case) coax that was labeled "main" was also orange on the other end next to tv.

The point is, satellite needs a home run for cabling. You have to make sure that the coax connected to the dish is a straight shot to the receiver. You can go through window or wall and be SURE. But there is cabling in that trailer, and if you can find both ends of the SAME coax, you can use that to connect to at both ends. Most times the issue is just assuming it's labeled correctly and connecting to both ends, but between the two ends, it's not the same cable.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #9

Its been asked. Are you wanting to just get the Wally to feed the outside with the Wally inside or are you wanting to have the Wally outside also? The Wally doesn't have to be outside (remote is RF and will transmit through walls). If SD TV is okay then you will need a cheap multiplexer (red/yellow/white. Wally does not have coax output) to connect to the splitter (splitter after Wally is not an issue) that feeds your outside TV. If you are wanting HD TV then the HDMI Wally output is your only option and as said, with Wally inside, if you can't route HDMI cable to the outside TV then wireless HDMI is your only option. If you are wanting to have the Wally outside then previous posts apply.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #10

I have had problems using TV outside. Have to bring receiver from inside and disconnect coax from tailgater to trailer and run direct to receiver. Seams like no signal through trailer to outside connection.
MK Clark
2819VS Windjammer.
MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite