Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #1

Surge protector help

Ok, so I have the EMS-PT50X and campground is a 30amp. I read and saw you can use a dogbone adapter. I attached everything like it stated. Plugged our camper 50amp into surge protector, then 30amp dogbone to other end of surge protector and that to camping electrical box. System was reading E0 for normal but power in camper would not turn on. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Tlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #2

Does it have a time delay of 120 seconds? on my hardwired it does.....that is to protect air conditioning when there is a power interruption.

http://www.progressiveindustries.net...-technica-data
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Does it have a time delay of 120 seconds? on my hardwired it does.....that is to protect air conditioning when there is a power intrruption.
There is but maybe I will have to try again and wait longer?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #4

could be the time delay. E0 seems to imply proper power. it must be getting power to show the E0 status. have you checked the main breaker in you distribution center. if it was tripped you wouldn't be getting power. flip it off to reset it and the flip it back on. if that does not work do you have and can you use a multimeter. measure a/c voltage coming out of the ems. (the voltages it displays are measured from the input side of the ems.) if ok out of the ems then measure at the output side of the power cord. if ok, then measure at the input to the breaker in the distribution panel. there have been many posts about damaged connection where the power cord plugs into the trailer. you're doing nothing wrong. but something is not working. you just have to follow the path the power should take and check each connection until you find the problem.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlynn View Post
Ok, so I have the EMS-PT50X and campground is a 30amp. I read and saw you can use a dogbone adapter. I attached everything like it stated. Plugged our camper 50amp into surge protector, then 30amp dogbone to other end of surge protector and that to camping electrical box. System was reading E0 for normal but power in camper would not turn on. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Is the main breaker on in your camper?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Does it have a time delay of 120 seconds? on my hardwired it does.....that is to protect air conditioning when there is a power interruption.

http://www.progressiveindustries.net...-technica-data
Thank you. I waited 3 minutes and it's good to go now!