Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #21

lickem66-- Good luck and have fun! It would be fun if you would post a couple of pictures. Welcome to the forum.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #22

GlacierGus - Will post pix. We can't wait to get her home.
BTW, I'm originally a 10k laker myself (NW corner).
Where abouts are you located?
lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #23

I'm orig. from St Paul but have lived in Glencoe for the last 35 years-about an hour west of Mpls, just east of Hutchinson. Where did you live in Mn? Do you have a target date to pick up your TT yet? The waiting is very hard to do.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #24

I grew up about 60 miles east of Grand Forks near Thief River Falls. My wife and I are going to the dealer tomorrow to start the buying process. I figure we've researched/analyzed this to death and it's time to just jump!..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #25

Well we just got back from pulling the trigger on a 2012 2104 Murphy. We pick it up the 15th of Feb. So excited to start being trailer campers instead of tenters... Will post pix when we pick it up. Thanks to all that have chimed in on this post and for all the great posts we used during our research.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #26

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will have a great time. You ordered at the slow time of year so you don't have to wait too long. I ordered in the middle of March last year. I had to wait 12 weeks! (Long story-from some of the things that happend I beleive the salesman forgot to put my order in for the first month. End result was that I got 2013 instead of a 2012 model. No problem!)
We look forward to hearing from you after you pick it up.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #27

We are about to take possesion of a 2013 Surveyor 22. I would appreciate anyones experiences with Surveyors.
Linda C. Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
Traveling Two

We purchased our SP-22 Surveyor last January and have spent four months last year traveling with it. We like most of the features of this trailer, however, the adjustable table is somewhat of a hassle, but we are getting used to it. The worst feature of the trailer was the quality of the foam in the dinette seats. You were basically sitting on the plywood underneath. The grandkids didn't even like sitting on them, so, when we returned back home, our dealer obtained some replacement money from Forrest River and we had new higher quality foam placed in the cushions. They feel great now, but haven't taken another long trip with them yet.

Good luck with your new trailer, I think you will love it also.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #29

We have ordered a 2013 mini2502 last Sept. We checked it out yesterday and found the undercarriage to have many rusty areas that should not be their for a new product. We are very disappointed with the quality of the paint job.
electraglideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #30

We have 2109S and like it, but am interested how you wired television through the speaker system. Currently the TV is difficult to hear with the AC on. Also, what are the advantages of switching to LEDs??
zarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #31

zarc- I'm with you on the TV. The sound is very weak. I recently took out the CD/DVD player and tried all the cable connections and could not get the sound to go thru the speakers. There is a special cable with a coaxial end that I will try to find at Radio Shack and see if that works. Otherwise, I have not found a solution. I hope someone posts the answer here.

I have replaced all my lights with LEDs. They give off no heat at all and use far less battery if you are boondocking. I have some that are the brighter blueish white and some that are the softer yellow light. The yellow lights do not seem bright enough. I have put one of each in the light fixtures to try to get the best of both. Still experimenting.

I am really enjoying my 2109S. So far no problems at all.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #32

I used an RCA cord from the TV audio out to the Aux in on the radio to get my sound thru the built in speakers. There are several sets of wires hanging back there(from the radio) just keep trying till you find the right ones.
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #33

Thanks, Bob but as I recall - there is no audio out on our TVs. (It's been a week since I played with this.) That's our problem. I have been reading some of the old posts on this issue and will try some of those ideas. Appreciate your input.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #34

Is yours a Konka brand? That's what came with our 2306. There should be a plug coming out from the stereo with a yellow end on it... It will have a "aux jack" style plug (headphones type), not an RCA type plug. There's only one place it will connect to on the back of the TV. Then on your stereo, you have to keep toggling through the input selections until you find the correct one. I think mine is "Aux1".
Also... I recently purchased a Vizio so we could have one out one inside... It also has the different style input jack, so I'd think most of them should have it.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #35

Thanks KDHfan. Yes, mine is a Konka. I will try that.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #36

Now that I think about it, it might be the AV1 input option on your stereo, not Aux1.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
zarc- I'm with you on the TV. The sound is very weak. I recently took out the CD/DVD player and tried all the cable connections and could not get the sound to go thru the speakers. There is a special cable with a coaxial end that I will try to find at Radio Shack and see if that works. Otherwise, I have not found a solution. I hope someone posts the answer here.

I have replaced all my lights with LEDs. They give off no heat at all and use far less battery if you are boondocking. I have some that are the brighter blueish white and some that are the softer yellow light. The yellow lights do not seem bright enough. I have put one of each in the light fixtures to try to get the best of both. Still experimenting.

I am really enjoying my 2109S. So far no problems at all.
Would you mind posting the model number of the bulbs you took out and the number on the LED's you replaced them with? I have a Surveyor 220, and I'm betting we have the same interior light fixtures, which are pretty standard. If you have that info, I would appreciate it. My bulbs get so hot that I'm afraid they are going to melt the lenses.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #38

mjones12, the bulbs are 921 "wedge" bulbs. When purchasing the LEDs just look for the wedge connection. They are pretty common. Put a LED on one side of the pancake fixture and leave the OEM bulb on the other side. Then you can see just how hot the OEM bulbs get. I have replaced all of my bulbs with LEDs except the 2 reading lamps over the couch.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
I have replaced all of my bulbs with LEDs except the 2 reading lamps over the couch.
Those are 2 of the 4 bulbs that I wanted to replace. Why didn't you replace them? Are the LED's to dim to read by?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #40

1) I got the TV to run thru the Jensen DVD sound system. I found a short cable, coaxial on one end and RCA on the other, sitting in the box where the TV plug is located. The coaxial end plugs in to the TV. I needed an extension RCA cable, yellow, white and red, because the coaxial cable is not long enough to reach the Jensen DVD player. I then removed the Jensen system from the wall and plugged in the other end of the RCA cables into the Jensen box. I used aud2. Now I can listen to just the TV sound (real weak) or listen to it thru the 5.1 sound system and speakers thru the Jensen box.

2) The bulbs over the couch have to be bright at the end for reading. The LED lights do not have enough of the little light chips at the end of the LED bulb, it seems to me. I read a lot and haven't been comfortable that the LEDs will be bright enough. I haven't tried anything yet. I figure if all the other lights are LEDs, I can keep these two reading bulbs. Just my thought process.