Survived the maiden voyage and very happy
We made it home from our first two nights in the new camper. The shake down camp went well. We Op checked everything except the furance. With high 90 degree temperatures, We can wait until later in the summer before heading out for a fall trip.
We offically named her the Dawg House in honor of our two guard dogs, Shelby and Scarlett......our Shih Tzu puppies.
Everything else operated just fine. I do have a few issues that will need to be addressed by the dealer.
1. The light on the front. Switch is bad. Will need to be replaced.
2. Black Tank flush connection leaks. I attached the hose from the facuet outside then had a funny feeling that I need to check the connection in the TT. I am glad that I did. It could have been a huge mess. Thankfully, I removed the screws from the cabinet that was sealed shut from the factor the night before. Had I just trusted the MFG, I would have had a flood TT. I thought the fittings might be loose and some were, but it looks like they forgot a gasket in the coupling that attaches to the connection on the side of the TT.
3. I did notice on the slide that the rubber roof was loose on each end. Looks like it was cut to long and not glued in place. I have an awning, but want the dealer to address it with the MFG. I think it should be tighter.
4. My RAM 1500 pulled it without any issues. I am going to get air bags for piece of mind. The Reese WDH and Dual CAM Sway worked well. No sway problems yet......
5. Blow the 30 AMP fuse on the Slide after getting home. Not sure way, but I will make sure that fuses are part of the spare parts kit. Glad it happened after getting home. Anyone have a problem with this?
Thanks everyone for the help making this a get kick off weekend. We had a wonderful time. We already booked out next weekend away in a couple of weeks. Heading to Front Royal to the Skyline Ranch for three nights. Got a promotional thing from the dealer and my wife talked them out of the sales pitch. Lady told her to come on and just have phone. Will see if that really works, but it should be fun. We are going to try an get out every other weekend through the season.....hopefully.
Tired and happy campers. Cheers,
2011 Rockwood Ultra Light 2604
Dodge RAM 1500 Larime 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15