Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 11:54 PM   #1

Tank Heater Fan?

I have a 2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s and we took it on a trip last week. We had some temps at night that got down to about 26 degrees so I turned on the heated tanks at night. I have looked under it before and each tank has a heat pad glued to the bottom of them. But when I turned them on I could hear a fan start running what sounded like in or near the furnace heater vent inside near the door? The furnace heater was not turned on as I was using an electric heater at night. So I don't know what the fan noise was? I'm guessing it might be a second fan that blows hot air from the furnace heater towards the tanks or pipes?
Bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Probably was the converter's fan.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Probably was the converter's fan.
X2. I had tank heating pads on my last trailer. They were thermostatically controlled. When they would go on the converter fan would kick in out of no where.
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #4

Hey Bump, I am thinking about ordering a 2104S.... How do you like it? Also what options did you not get?
itgoes211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #5

We like it a lot. We just pulled it over 2000 miles to Las Vegas and back. We just got home last night. We hit some real cold temps (26) at night in Carson Nevada. We used a small 20 dollar ceramic heater on it lowest setting and it kept it more than warm enough all night. The insulation in them is impressive.

Everything woked great on it and it tows real nice. I pull it with a F-250 diesel pick up, but I have towed with the wife's Toyota Tacoma. As for options, it's fully loaded, but we didn't get the Murphy Bed. We needed the extra storage space.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #6

Cool glad you like it... I am thinking about going with the murphy bed. I would like the extra leg room and seating in case weather makes me get stuck inside. One last question did you get the extra create a breeze fan and if so where does it go? Does that give you one in the bathroom and one over the bed?
itgoes211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #7

We have the one in the bathroom. It pretty powerful. When it's on it pulls air thru the trailer rather easily. I think you will be happy with this trailer.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:35 AM   #8
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
X2. I had tank heating pads on my last trailer. They were thermostatically controlled. When they would go on the converter fan would kick in out of no where.
Ditto - the increased electrical load of the tank heaters will trigger the converter fan. Does for us.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #9

I think your right. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
I think your right. Thanks.
He's right.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags