Old 11-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #11

When we are hooked up to shore power our main heat source is an electric convection heater. The unit has a safety shut off if it tips over. Does a good job keeping a 23' trailer warm. The propane furnace is a backup if it gets too cold.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #12

Go to this website and read about holding tank heaters. We have had them on all four of our Rockwoods. Do need to have "x" amount of water in tanks before turning on heaters. Heaters come on around 40 degrees and below. UltraHeat, Inc. - Home. Enjoy your Rockwood.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #13
Professional Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhward90 View Post
I have a 2715VS also but don't camp in the cold areas. Can you tell me where you low point drain is on your camper. Evidently someone took the sticker off that indicates where they are at.
Low point drains aren't normally labeled on the outside. Simply look under the camper for some capped tubes hanging down (one red and one blue). Remove the caps and allow the lines to drain. The fresh water tank has a capped tube hanging down as well. Open it and let it drain as well.
On some campers, there are valves under the bed or under the fridge that you open to drain the lines. These are usually labeled.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #14

Propane

If I was you I would consider calling your local propane company and see what it costs to have a 250 gallon or 500 gallon tank installed outside your trailer. Much cheaper and more convenient than using small bottles. A 250 gallon tank holds 200 gallons of liquid propane and the top twenty percent of the tank is for propane vapor. As the pressure in the tank drops the liquid turns to vapor. Under the lid of the tank is a gauge that will show you the liquid content of your tank in percentages. 80% is full which is 200 gallons, 40% is 100 gallons etc. Sign up for the keep full program from your propane company and they will periodically fill your tank without you calling them. The propane company estimates your usage based on the outside temperature and since they won't have any track record on your usage it is best if you check the tank periodically. If you get down to 30% I would call them so they can get an idea of how much you are using. I would also advise you to be there when they bring out the tank so you make sure they don't set the tank in a place where you can't get your trailer out. Also they can show you the gauge, the tank shutoff, and make sure your appliances are lit as they can be hard to get going as there will be air in the lines when a new tank is installed.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by episodic View Post
Well, we were mislead, and it is too late. Just looking for help.
Episodic,

We have all been trying to help you out here since you sorta jumped into the pond with both feet

How, exactly, were you mislead by your salesperson? If you have anything in writing that states your camper is 4 season, you may actually have a case against the dealership. It sounds like they sold you a line about what you could or could not do in your RV.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Episodic,

We have all been trying to help you out here since you sorta jumped into the pond with both feet

How, exactly, were you mislead by your salesperson? If you have anything in writing that states your camper is 4 season, you may actually have a case against the dealership. It sounds like they sold you a line about what you could or could not do in your RV.
BBob,I think they would be allowed to Do Lots of things In their RV that would Not require the Salesmans or Our Approval! Youroo!!
Old 11-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #17

No one mentioned this but so far as your bathroom door goes, it may not be plumb. Our trailer is level but the bathroom door will close itself, not really a problem...some folks would pay extra for that! Don't worry about it.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #18
RiderBloke

For fire extinguisher info see My Business - Home
He knows his stuff and sells good gear.
I'm in Conway AR For a couple of weeks. If you are nearby I could ride over and give what help I can.
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #19

I haven't seen much discussion on the black water. Does the place you are connected have a black water dump connection? In case you didn't know, don't leave your black water valve open. Let it get 3/4 full and close your grey tank at that time so it will fill up with shower and sink water. Flush that after your black water to wash it out.

I am watching this for cold weather use. We are not full time but do have Yankee family we would like to visit in the winter with our 5er.

The water connection seems right. How's the shower? We have an adjustable water pressure regulator to tap it up a bit (45 psi). It really helps the shower pressure.

Good luck Episodic!

----------------------------
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Appalachian Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #20

If you are going to be in cold weather for months on end, you may want to consider this--we have a friend who camps in the Smokies in the winter. The CG has heated water spigots and he uses this to get the water to his rig:

http://smile.amazon.com/Camco-22902-...+RV+water+hose

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags