Old 10-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #91
"Don't Tread on Me"

8329SS Bounce

I had the same problem. I installed the JT Strongarms with dual BAL scissor chocks. Problem solved!

Rockwood 8329SS
2002 F-250 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke Powerhouse
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #92

The bounce bothers me more then my wife... I have ordered the BAL scissors jacks (look to be stronger then the others I have seen and supposedly USA made) but have not put them on yet... maybe after our trip today... Just not to keen on drilling holes in the frame yet and having to move the gas line a little.
I would prefer to place the passenger side between the steps and the tire but I am not sure if there is enough clearance.

As for the TV ant amp. If your connected to cable then it should be off. On ours there is there a little light in the switch plate - it is difficult to see. Light on = amp on.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #93

We just purchased our 8329SS Labor Day weekend and love it. It's getting close to the time to winterize it up here. Mixed reviews on a cover, makes sense to buy and install one up here in Michigan. We are boat owners also. Have a 1987 Sea Ray Sedan bridge that cost me a small fortune. Way less work camping and relaxing. We have an 18' center console boat which is way more fun. Let me know how the 8329SS works for you. Randy
Old 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #94
cogito ergo moo

A couple question on solving the 'rock' and 'bounce' issues. I paid good money for the power stabilizer jacks. Can I assume that they are more stable and that I won't need Strongarms to eliminate the rocking? I know they won't do a thing for the bounce, but it seems they triangulate a lot better than crank-down scissor jacks.

Regarding the bounce... Again, I see that some people are adding a set of scissor jacks to the frame just ahead of the axles to support that area. Makes good sense to me, but I cant see having power stabilizers and STILL having to crank down jacks...

Has anyone looked into putting a 3rd set of power stabilizers in/near that location?

Tim
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog: http://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #95

Power stabs on the 4 corners won't eliminate rock and bounce. It's just the nature of the beast with heavier rigs on lighter frames. Especially those with torsion axles. Several folks here have mounted a set of power stabs at the axle. Mine are manual. I would have used power stabs at this location but I already had several manual jacks laying around that cost me zip. Power would have cost me money. They help a lot.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
A couple question on solving the 'rock' and 'bounce' issues. I paid good money for the power stabilizer jacks. Can I assume that they are more stable and that I won't need Strongarms to eliminate the rocking? I know they won't do a thing for the bounce, but it seems they triangulate a lot better than crank-down scissor jacks.

Regarding the bounce... Again, I see that some people are adding a set of scissor jacks to the frame just ahead of the axles to support that area. Makes good sense to me, but I cant see having power stabilizers and STILL having to crank down jacks...

Has anyone looked into putting a 3rd set of power stabilizers in/near that location?

Tim
You could do the extra trouble of power stabilizers. Finding or making a suitable power source, finding a place to mount the switch and what not $$. Or do a quick and dirty with crank downs powered by cordless drill. I think you will find the steel gas piping will have to be very modified to do the powered stabs.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #97

I have gone from just using chocks to using the scissor chocks that squeeze between the wheels and that helps a lot with the rocking and bouncing. I do like the idea of another scissor jack though.
"Go Navy"
logspec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #98

Who out there has actually installed scissor jacks on their unit. I have a steel gas line running along the P-side frame rail. Does anyone have a fix for getting around it, I am thinking of moving it from the frame rail to just beside it, any better ideas? Help.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:14 AM   #99
Mod free 5er

Just make an adaptor for the jack to go around the pipe. A "U" attached to the jack
Old 11-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #100

Any pictures of this idea would be helpful

Tags
8329ss, rockwood