Old 03-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #11

We too love our 8329SS. We have the diamond package with all three slides covered with toppers. No problems with wind noise in three years and 100+ nights of camping.
I bought a topper from a salvage company for a previous trailer and installed it myself. Piece of cake. I had to cut the tube and fabric to length but that was not difficult at all. So, go for it! You will want them on all slides.
Travel safe.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #12
Some guy in back...

Our 2016 8329SS has the Platinum package and slide toppers are still optional. Just checking the online literature, it seems Slide toppers are optional at any level, standard, Platinum or Diamond.
I've had a previous trailer with a slide topper. In California, it does not rain that much and even in a week's camping, not much gets deposited on top of the slide outs. If it rained more or if the rig was parked seasonally with the slides out, I think it would make a lot more sense.
I did not wish to spend the $1200 to $1500 necessary to install 3 toppers and I am happy to not have the added weight and wind resistance. Yes, I might have to get up on a short ladder with a broom if there are lots of leaves or pine needles, but I think I will deal with the potential issue that way.
The topper I saw seems like it would fit the Entertainment slide just fine, but I think, all considered, I'll just buy a nice broom.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in on the topic!
Cheers!

'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #13

Anyone know what changed from 2015 to 2016. 2015 brochure lists 8329ss hitch weight as 833, unloaded vehicle weight as 7399 and CCC as1451. 2016 brochure lists hitch as 944, UVW as 8003 and CCC as 1541. I walked through a 2016 and it's identical to my 2015. Only difference I could see was tires are now load range D. What made it heavier?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #14

Sounds similar to my trailer from 2011 to 2012 in the brochures. My 2011 was listed at 6250 and the yellow sticker is 6907. The 2012 was listed as 6800.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #15

Slide toppers over long length slides will flop in the wind and will get stuff blown underneath them when deployed. I think they work better on smaller slides. Like many RV accessories, there are pros and cons depending on your situation.

I have gone topless for six years over my 14 foot slide and note that it only takes a few minutes to rinse off or brush off any debris on the slide roof before retracting it. Also makes it easier to get to upper slide seals for maintenance.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #16

Not in my 2016 Platinum but things vary nationwide. I see pictures of a small table between the recliners in other areasn of the country but none around here offer them. Who knows.

2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8329SS Platinum
2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Crew Cab Duramax
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #17

Ours came with the table with attached lamp between the recliners. Ended up taking it out. Looks good in the brochure pictures but is wedged between the chairs so they are not usable in real life.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:03 PM   #18
Some guy in back...

A few observations for this past weekend in our 8329SS

1) The interior lighting is wonderful. A dimmer would be nice for a couple of the lights, but the pendants over the island really give a nice level in the room for conversation.

2) The Suburban water heater is truly a disappointing device, way inferior to the Atwood we had in our 2013 Starcraft. We will probably change it out to the Atwood before too long.

3) The manual for the IRV sound and video system is next to useless. It's written to a "check box" spec and is a great example of how not to write a user manual. Has anyone written or found a better one?

4)We've talked about the magic box in the wiring spaghetti fest behind the door in the bathroom. We had a great example of what it does and discovered the electric heater/fireplace was not really designed with RVs in mind. If the heater is on and you go to run the microwave, power is cut to heater. Ok....Whe you are finished using the microwave, you need to wait some seconds (10? 20?) then there is a fain click and power is restored to the heater....but: you still need to turn it on again and since it has forgotten what it was doing, you need to tell it to heat at LL or HH and what temp to go to...very annoying when it's cold in the morning and we're warming things in the microwave...

5) The new Star Wars movie is great on the big screen---Dolby 5.1 sounded great, but where is the bass? Is the sub woofer next to the fireplace, under the sink or in the island? Anyone know for sure?

6) I spent a fair amount of time mapping the slides with my head (I'm 6'2"). I wish there was an easier way...

7) Having a trailer with a big window in front and a HUGE window in back is so worth it!

8) Is the loudness of the toilet flushing a function of water pressure? We had a lot of pressure this week-end and OMG, the sound of the toilet flushing would wake the dead at 2AM!

The 8329SS continues to impress us with value and quality and we are enjoying it to the max!

Cheers
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
Old 04-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChateauV10 View Post
A few observations for this past weekend in our 8329SS

1) The interior lighting is wonderful. A dimmer would be nice for a couple of the lights, but the pendants over the island really give a nice level in the room for conversation.

2) The Suburban water heater is truly a disappointing device, way inferior to the Atwood we had in our 2013 Starcraft. We will probably change it out to the Atwood before too long.

3) The manual for the IRV sound and video system is next to useless. It's written to a "check box" spec and is a great example of how not to write a user manual. Has anyone written or found a better one?

4)We've talked about the magic box in the wiring spaghetti fest behind the door in the bathroom. We had a great example of what it does and discovered the electric heater/fireplace was not really designed with RVs in mind. If the heater is on and you go to run the microwave, power is cut to heater. Ok....Whe you are finished using the microwave, you need to wait some seconds (10? 20?) then there is a fain click and power is restored to the heater....but: you still need to turn it on again and since it has forgotten what it was doing, you need to tell it to heat at LL or HH and what temp to go to...very annoying when it's cold in the morning and we're warming things in the microwave...

5) The new Star Wars movie is great on the big screen---Dolby 5.1 sounded great, but where is the bass? Is the sub woofer next to the fireplace, under the sink or in the island? Anyone know for sure?

6) I spent a fair amount of time mapping the slides with my head (I'm 6'2"). I wish there was an easier way...

7) Having a trailer with a big window in front and a HUGE window in back is so worth it!

8) Is the loudness of the toilet flushing a function of water pressure? We had a lot of pressure this week-end and OMG, the sound of the toilet flushing would wake the dead at 2AM!

The 8329SS continues to impress us with value and quality and we are enjoying it to the max!

Cheers
Do you have 30 or 50 amp service? We have 50 amp but many times we are reduced to 30 via campsite. We can use the fireplace and microwave at the same. Just today we were using space heater fireplace and microwave at the same time.
Our sub woofer is under the sink, but it might work better in a trash can. Very disappointing sound system in general from iRV to outdoor speakers to subwoofer. Radio reception is poor too, if you have not noticed there is a fix for that. Search radio reception iRV for more info.

Yeah I got a few dents in the skull from the slides watch out for the keystones in center of slides they will make you bleed.

Yes toilet is loud, lower pressure helps but still will wake the dead. although if you try it while using water pump you will appreciate the louder noise.

Very curious about the water heater we too had an Atwood we don't really see any differences. Would be nice to have electric switch inside, working on that. That's on my to do list.

At the moment working on getting slides to stop leaking going down the road. Close your slides on a sunny day and get inside dark as possible. Look for daylight around slide opening at floor. If you can see light you will get water inside from water spray from wheels.

I would be curious as to what axles you have. Mine are rated for 4000#. Newer units do have a higher GVWR. I believe they have a higher rating on the '16

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #20
Some guy in back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Do you have 30 or 50 amp service? We have 50 amp but many times we are reduced to 30 via campsite. We can use the fireplace and microwave at the same. Just today we were using space heater fireplace and microwave at the same time.
Our sub woofer is under the sink, but it might work better in a trash can. Very disappointing sound system in general from iRV to outdoor speakers to subwoofer. Radio reception is poor too, if you have not noticed there is a fix for that. Search radio reception iRV for more info.

Yeah I got a few dents in the skull from the slides watch out for the keystones in center of slides they will make you bleed.

Yes toilet is loud, lower pressure helps but still will wake the dead. although if you try it while using water pump you will appreciate the louder noise.

Very curious about the water heater we too had an Atwood we don't really see any differences. Would be nice to have electric switch inside, working on that. That's on my to do list.

At the moment working on getting slides to stop leaking going down the road. Close your slides on a sunny day and get inside dark as possible. Look for daylight around slide opening at floor. If you can see light you will get water inside from water spray from wheels.

I would be curious as to what axles you have. Mine are rated for 4000#. Newer units do have a higher GVWR. I believe they have a higher rating on the '16
We have the 5000 lb axles and D range tires. Our 2016 was built 8/22/15.

Our rig is also 30 amp...bought it off the lot and would have preferred 50 amp, but such is life. The cut-out switch is a code requirement.....

Second time camping this week-end, also in the rain! Saw no water inside so we are lucky or I am dodging the drops and puddles pretty good.

I guess I'll check the sink then for the Sub, see what is going on with it.

The Atwood WH in our last trailer had a great recovery rate and always delivered during a nice shower (such as when my wife wants to wash her hair). The literature with the Starcraft touted the WH and it came through nicely. The Suburban seems so old school from a design standpoint, and not in a good way. I'll keep folks posted on what we do.

Good luck with your leaks!

Cheers!

'16 Rockwood 8329SS

Tags
8329ss, rockwood