Old 07-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChateauV10 View Post
UC, I am talking about putting the jacks directly under the frame, directly supporting the frame just ahead of the tires and where the suspension connects to the frame. That way, the trailer is supported stiffly near the center rather than being allowed to bounce on the tires & suspension. I would not advocate suspending the axles themselves (which is not what I think you meant...)

Cheers
You are exactly right. My comment was not directed at you. It is frustrating to hear someone say they do not experience any bounce. When we seen this unit at a RV show and even they had to block up the frame in front of axles. They have us a lame excuse for their reasoning. They were trying to hide the fact that these units are trampolines.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #62
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhair View Post
Actually we have the power stabilizers however the they are not levelers so I do not push them too far when lowering them - how much pressure do you put on them?
I would prefer not to break them... The bounce comes from the tires and people walking around.
We level our TT w a 2x8" 5' long board we carry in the tow vehicle. It levels our TT 98% of the time we set up.
As for the stabilizers we put them down just to the point of starting to lift the TT. They then shut off automatically. The TT ends up being rock solid w no movement side to side or front to back. We have been full timing for 1 1/2 years and have owned the unit for 2 1/2 years with no problems and see no detioration in the stabilizers performance.
If you are experiencing movement when you are set up you must not be using the stabs to their optimum performance level.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #63

Great thread! We are picking up our 8329SS this weekend, and will definitely be looking into the Husky stab jacks. Our last (well, current for the next couple days) trailer is a 30ft Outback Super Lite and it has minor bounce when set up (all of them of this length tend to when certain people are walking in them...lol).

I'm hoping to love this trailer as much as some of you are. The layout is perfect and the quality seems pretty good (way better than Rockwoods were in the '90s when I was working at an RV shop). My only trepidation comes from a lack of external storage to hold our outside chairs (zero gravity ones that don't mount well to the back ladder) and water hose/sewer elbow as well as other sundry outdoor gear that I carry in my Outback (like large outdoor ground mats that get dirty and I don't want to put inside).
Old 07-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #64
Some guy in back...

Welcome to the modern Rockwood world!

I put my mat in the storage area in the entertainment slide. I roll or fold it and slide it into a small bucket I carry so if it's wet, it drains into the bucket. In the same area I keep my chocks, 2 packs of leveling blocks, a set of leveling block caps, my spider electronic level and my entry mat and my 50' roll-up hose. that space is bigger than you think and it goes up, so think vertically.

I don't have your chairs, but all my other stuff goes under the bed through the outside hatch. It too has more volume than you'd think. My tools stay in the van, along with bicycles, food, clothes, firewood & misc. "stuff". It took me two week-end campouts to figure it out, but it works!

Cheers!
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Great thread! We are picking up our 8329SS this weekend, and will definitely be looking into the Husky stab jacks. Our last (well, current for the next couple days) trailer is a 30ft Outback Super Lite and it has minor bounce when set up (all of them of this length tend to when certain people are walking in them...lol).

I'm hoping to love this trailer as much as some of you are. The layout is perfect and the quality seems pretty good (way better than Rockwoods were in the '90s when I was working at an RV shop). My only trepidation comes from a lack of external storage to hold our outside chairs (zero gravity ones that don't mount well to the back ladder) and water hose/sewer elbow as well as other sundry outdoor gear that I carry in my Outback (like large outdoor ground mats that get dirty and I don't want to put inside).
I will recommend Rubbermaid totes for storage. We have one for all things fresh water related and another for the dump tank related things. They are short enough to fit easily thru the door and strong enough to things on top of them.
I have large plastic bag we put the mat in. Removed the shelf next to closet to store broom and zero gravity chairs.
Have good PDI sheet and check everything. We had a punch list of about 15 items at just was not right. Maybe 10 more things we found later. Most were minor but they will fix it a thousand times faster the day you pick it up vs. if you bring it back later.

Hensley Arrow
Old 07-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #66

Yeah, I know all about the virtues of doing a thorough PDI and punch sheet from my days at the RV dealership. Good call on the totes. And I'll probably carry the chairs and mat in the back of the Suburban to save space in the trailer.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #67

Picked it up today. Was going to bring it home Saturday but the torrential rains that day (that killed a couple people in a little town next to us, Ellicott City) made us leave it until it cleared up.

Got our Sleep Number bed swapped over from the last trailer, and had basically very little on the punch list after the walkaround.

Man, it tows excellent. Absolutely love this trailer. Can't wait for the first camping in it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood01.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	116145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood03.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	116146  
Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #68

Congratulations

Looks gorgeous. Glad to hear your fix-it list was short after the PDI. Prepping ours now for a six week trip with a new satellite dish and adding some scissor jacks for a bit more stability. How you enjoy yours as much as we have been enjoying ours.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 PM   #69

Glad to hear it tows well. I see your TV it concerning. My tongue weight is pushing #1200. What hitch are you using?

Hensley Arrow
Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #70

Hope you survived the rains. We have friends and family that have been affected. Did you get that unit from Chesaco RV?

Hensley Arrow

Tags
8329ss, rockwood