Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #1

There is passing on the right .....

and there is passing on the extreme right ... Captured a driver who didn't want to wait for the left lane to clear so he could pass and decides to pass on the right. Could have been a disaster as he continued to pass on the right shoulder when one of the vehicles he trying to overtake decides to move over.

I saw this happen twice on our recent trip to Yellowstone and back. Both times on I35. Northbound in Oklahoma as you will see and southbound in Kansas. The southbound incident consisted of a semi in the right lane who just passed me and moved over and a car slowly passing it on the left. A red hot sports car decided he wasn't going to wait and cut in front of me and behind the semi to the right shoulder to pass. That particular video file was overwritten before I got to the campground that afternoon so I don't have a copy it

As Sgt. Phil Esterhaus (Michael Conrad)would say: "Let's be careful out there"

+++++++

Well durn. I can't seem to upload the video.

+++++++
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #2

Happens very often down here.. more often around the big cities. I was pulling the trailer and passed a truck; then moved back over when it was safe... this is on an 8 lane... before I could get over a "tuner" passed between me and the truck clearing me and the truck by molecules.

Its only by grace that we live to tell about these things.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #3

WolfWhistle
You are so right on that final statement. If we could see all of our near misses, we would probably never leave the house.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote