Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #1

Thermopane Windows

Getting ready to order 2906ws, would like anyone's experience with thermopane Windows. Is it a good idea or no. I have never had the the thermopane Windows and want to make a good choice. Thanks for help.
Augustpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #2

We included them when we factory ordered our Sabre. They do help with temps, condensation and noise. IMHO they are a good idea.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #3

We had the option when we ordered our Crusader. I wanted them but we ended up passing, unfortunately because we listened to the dealer and he said they only added 1R and a few extra pounds of weight. Normally that wouldn't have bothered me but they were not cheap in our case and it was more the price that stopped us...hopefully I don't regret the decision...

Days Camped in last 3 years - 79
Planned Days in 2021 - 50
Days Camped in 2021 - 0
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
KnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We included them when we factory ordered our Sabre. They do help with temps, condensation and noise. IMHO they are a good idea.
We order our 2306 with them. Have not camped with the TT due to obvious seasonal reasons. This year we are going to see how well do in the summer and perhaps in the winter.

I was working on the TT one time and the temp outside was around the low 40s. Inside the TT was bearable; a good sweater can get you by without the heater on.

I say get them if you want to pay the extra, every gain of R Value adds up.
KnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #5

I ordered them on my Sierra made a big difference from my old camper no condensation in colder weather, did better in summer also. The added weight was minimal if I ever order another one I would get them.

Matt & Sondra
2016 Sierra 377flik
2003 F350 6.0 Powerstroke
Curt Q20 hitch
k8mlp is offline   Reply With Quote