Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #31

Kyle, just a thought do some research on the Forrest River site find yourself a real dealer who actually sells the unit ( not a whole seller ) communicate with with them via email search their inventory see if they have what you want and then take a road trip and purchase it. I don't know if you have the time available to do that. Probably not feasible but sounds like fun. I purchased mine from DODD RV in Yorktown Virginia. They do internet sales all the time. They have probably 6 or 8 windjammers on the lot last week.. Like I said it was just a thought. Chuck in Va

Old 02-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #32
Happy owner SOB

If you can hold out a few months mine will be available.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #33

Tell me more.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #34
Happy owner SOB

Sent you an Email
Vern
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #35

not to be negative (but)

Had very very bad experience with my dealer McKenzie trailers in Gormly Ont. Do not buy there. I was also very disappointed with the poor support and service from Forrest River Warranty. My trailer is a 2914 3008w Rockwood. The quality assurance for this trailer was terrible. The trailer was in the shop for 2 months last summer waiting for parts from the factory. Never a follow up by the dealer. Treated like a mushroom for sure. After finally getting my trailer home noticed damage to one of the tires caused by insufficient tire to floor clearance. Poor engineering. After having my trailer in the shop for 2 months I was told by Sheila McGee from Forrest River warranty that my trailer was out of warranty by 2 weeks. This trailer was at the dealer when it went out of warranty. What an insult. Had to fight like hell to get new tires which were all damaged and a lift kit which had to be installed by me. At least I knew that this would be done right.
So far this trailer has had a new front counter, repairs to the main slide, new floor grates, new tires, a new radio. Now the bathroom floor is all soft and will need to be repaired. What is next? I have the 7 year warranty which includes tires and rims. Had a blowout and NSD would not cover it on a technicality. Didn't call before purchasing a tire to replace the blowout.
Sorry for the gripe but that's what happened. Love the trailer but seriously disliked my dealer and Forrest River. I would never consider buying any new trailer ever again. Good luck to you all. Serge PS I think there is a recall for these trailers. About time I say
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #36

Just ordered our V-Lite 30WFKSS

Well we decided to do it. We ordered the V-Lite 30WFKSS instead of the Windjammer 3008W. I'm excited, the wife is ecstatic. Should be in the middle of May. Plan on keeping this a long time. I have a question though. We ordered something called "minimum Carpet" which I thought mean't no carpet in the bedroom. That's what we want for ease of cleaning. We were told that there is a 50/50 chance that it will come with carpet in the bedroom. Does that sound right? Thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2003 View Post
We favor the "U" because of the extra storage available under it and it's an extra bed for the grandkids.

Is the Windjammer easier to pull, aerodynamic, better gas mileage, et.

Last thoughts on the 3008W: It just seems to be the best combination of great kitchen off to the side, great large and private bedroom and beautiful large living room. Are we right? Do you love your Windjammer?
Kyle,

We have 2012 3002W and it's been a great trailer. We got the u-shaped dinette for the same reasons you mentioned. Be aware that the seat against the outside wall is not quite deep enough for most adults. Your grandkids will probably fit fine. Besides the two large drawers under the seats, you also get another outside storage compartment. I would really miss that!

My previous trailer weighed 5600# (empty) and I pulled it with a 5.3L (gas) with a .373 rear end. I got 10MPG with this setup. My Windjammer weighs about 7300# empty, and I'm now towing with a 6.0L (gas) and a .410 rear end. We take the same amount of stuff. I expected to pay more for gas, but I still average right at 10MPG, so I'm very happy with the way it tows. I use an Equalizer hitch (12,000/1200 model).

The kitchen is fabulous in the 3008. The only things we did not like about the floor plan is that you can't look directly at the TV, and you must walk through the bath to get to the bedroom. I would definitely buy a Windjammer again, but I would get the new 3025W. It seems to have the best of everything, and we wouldn't have to give up the large bath we love.

Good luck hunting!
picknfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #38

Tom & Loreta congratulations on the new RV. I really didn't know what it looked like so I googled it, very nice, may you always be Happy Campers.
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #39

We have the Windjammer version of your trailer. Minimum carpet means less carpet but not no carpet. In the living room the carpet is under the dinette table and the couch with a small amount under your feet if you are sitting on the couch. In the bedroom the carpet is beside the bed. Seems like carpet is limited to the slide sections but not in the main section of the trailer.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #40

We have a 2013 V-Lite 30WFKSS and love the floor plan. Hope to get it uncovered this week and start getting it ready for a trip to Texas the end of the month. Let camping season commence!!!!!!

Tags
3008w, windjammer