Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #41

Windjammn

Thanks for the info. However, as I have been looking on RV trader for months now I have seen carpet in front of the bed and lenolium in front of the bed. I thought part of "mininum carpet" meant no carpet in front of the bed which would mean no carpet as you are walking in the bedroom from the bathroom from outdoors into the bedroom. Since I'm seeing it both ways it stands to reason that I would have a choice to have it either way. What gives??
Old 03-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #42

Hello, my wife and I spend about 150 nites a year in our tt. We bought a bunkhouse jayco 29y 2 years ago and loved staying in it, but always said we liked the 3008w. We are paying off our house in june and decided to order our dream trailor 3008w. My buddies wanted me to get a 5er, but we have seasonal parking and go on 2 short trips a year. We love our 2010 1/2 ton silverado and do not want a bigger truck and the 3008w seems to fit. We are in michigan and our campground opens april 1. depending on weather, closes oct. 31. We stay in the tt during the week. instead fo driving 50 miles one way to work. We work less than to miles from our park and the park is owned by the same company we work for. Can,t wait till spring and to get our 3008w. Good Luck and Happy Camping.
mikejeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #43

We have a 3006wk with minimal carpet. The only places we have carpet is where the slides actually slide. Our two slides consist of our bed in the master and the couch and dinette in the main living area. It's a small amount, but there is some carpet.
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #44

We just bought a 3008W and can't wait to bring it home, have to go this weekend and get our current trailer out of the mine and bring it home to empty it. We are doing the swap out next weekend and looking forward to it very much. I told my wife that I just realized it had 2 sewer hookups and the front one was under the slide and she is a little worried now thinking its more work for me to set up and break down. I missed it because the slides were out and I did not get on the ground and look underneath but it is no big deal to me, I will adapt.

Phil
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
fil564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #45

Congrats fil564 on the new 3008W. We start our 4th season next weekend with ours and love the trailer. As for the two gray tanks--we usually don't camp with sewer hook ups so when we hit the dump station I pull up and dump the kitchen gray tank and then pull forward a few feet and do the black tank followed by the the back gray. You can get a "Y" fitting and enough sewer hose to hook up both ends of the trailer.

Enjoy!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #46

You are going to love your 3008w. We got one and found it delightful. Unfortunately we are in the wheel recall, but, that will be taken care of tomorrow. We have used the y hookup for the sewer when staying with full hookups. It is easy, just hook the hose up after you park and before you slide out the rooms. One other thing is during leveling, to raise the slide out side about a half inch to 3/4 inch above level to compensate for the leverage of the slide outs all being on one side of the trailer. It isn't terribly noticeable but, it is a slight tip. We have been through some pretty big storms in 2013 and the trailer never had a drop of water leakage. Still customizing this year and getting a new hitch. Needed more sway control than with a single friction style hitch (they say you need two over 25 ft. so we were over anyway). We pulled with our half ton and the trailer pulled just fine and the truck was just fine and got the same gas mileage as pulling our old 28 footer, maybe a little more. You will love this one.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #47
Retired Trucker/43 years

Great reviews on the 3008W .. we also have one, purchased new in 2011 .. completely satisfied. The minor irritation we found was the tongue weight being more, (1000#), because the appliances are in the front, and that darn galley drain!
I intend to do a modification outside the bottom splash panel to plumb it to the rear discharge. Crawling under there to drain it in extended park stays is a real pain.
Noneyerbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3008w, windjammer