Old 09-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
ever heard of generators?? .....they do an amazing job of providing elect. in remote areas where no company provided elect. is available and they are just right for campers who don't want to carry two 30# propane tanks around with them 24/7.
Yes I've heard of generators. I have two of them.
But I use them sparingly so I don't disturb neighbors.
Plus campgrounds have limited hours for generator usage and NONE allow running them overnight.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yes I've heard of generators. I have two of them.
But I use them sparingly so I don't disturb neighbors.
Plus campgrounds have limited hours for generator usage and NONE allow running them overnight.

I don't understand why you are so concerned that we don't use or carry propane? If we needed it or wanted it, we would,..... but we don't, so we don't!........ Our propane use or non-use is not the subject of this thread,....... this horse is dead, so we can stop kicking it now..........

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #13

In July 2016 we downsized to a Rockwood MiniLite 2503S. Just a year later we traded it in on a Wildcat Maxx 26BHS.

I really liked the idea of the Murphy bed, but didn't realize that our cats could get behind it when up and also down by the headboard when it was down. This took a lot of modification on my part to cat-proof that area.

The pass-through storage is also under the couch. The first trip we took, I was connecting the water, electric, and sewer outside and left the cargo door open. The next thing we knew our little short-legged munchkin was outside under the TT.

I liked the large rear bath with the outside door. It was very handy when guests wanted to use the bathroom. They didn't have to go through the entire coach. It also gave us access to the bathroom when traveling on the road. No need to extend the slide-out. It also had lots of storage for towels and a small wardrobe closet where my granddaughter kept her clothes. The cupboard under the sink had another door to the outside. There was just a little half wall between this cupboard and the water heater. Again, cats got into cupboard and jumped over the half wall and were by the water heater. Also, the cupboard under the wardrobe allowed one of the cats access to the water heater space, again.

Having our granddaughter with us meant making the dinette into a bed every night for her. She was a big help, but it was still a pain. (Our new trailer has bunk beds.) Speaking of the dinette table, it folded down and had to be in that position when traveling down the road.

My husband sometimes takes a nap during the day. The bed was not available unless we brought it down. Tried using the jack-knife sofa one day and it just didn't work. Just taking it up and down everyday got old. Our new trailer has residential size queen bed that is in its own bedroom.

I was expecting the slide out to be as big as we had in our old 5th wheel. If I recall correctly, the slide only goes out 22 inches. The slide on our Wildcat Maxx extends 36 inches. I just remembered that the last day of camping in the MiniLite, our little munchkin got behind the slide-out after I'd pulled it in. It was a real chore trying to entice him to come out. The Wildcat Maxx has a couch and the dinette in the slide so we won't have that problem, again.

I liked the fairly large wardrobe/pantry combination with large drawer underneath. We kept our jackets in there and used the closets on each side of the bed for my and my husband's clothes.

If you are going up in size and don't have cats, a Rockwood MiniLite 2503s may work fine for you. It just wasn't for us.
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #14

We like ours for all the same reasons: roomy bathroom, second exterior door, storage, Murphy bed. Only con would be having to put the bed up and down, for the benefit of the extra room. Towing with F150 with a tow package and WD hitch. Toes well, stops well.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #15

I don't believe the OP is NOT looking to host more than 2 people, so I'm not sure why folks hosting more than 2 feel the need to comment. Don't see how it helps the OP.

Oh, well.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
DW is from China and prefers to cook w/elect,... removing the propane tanks gave a perfect place to carry our bikes,..... rockfordroo's list shows there is no end to what you can do to this model,... pics below show a few,...

1) DW counter top, there's more stuff there now
2) capped table to enlarge table top area
3) removed plastic drawer under sofa to make more storage
4) made two new drawers in unused area below kitchen cabinet
5) bike rack in front of tt
Fella10, nice mods overall. Have thought about this as well. Have a couple of questions:
1. With the counter cover expanded with the red/white cover, where is the cooking surface now. Does it have to removed or what are you cooking on for pots, frypans etc.

2. Does this mean the oven is also changed out to electric. How does that work with only 120 volt supply (ie I' guessing it's a special oven model, can you clarify/expand on what you did there.
I ask this as I've considered changing but was going to delete the oven and get a good sized convection microwave to be able to handle some of the typical oven jobs. Was this in fact you approach to electric only?
Thks in advance
Old 09-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
Fella10, nice mods overall. Have thought about this as well. Have a couple of questions:
1. With the counter cover expanded with the red/white cover, where is the cooking surface now. Does it have to removed or what are you cooking on for pots, frypans etc.

2. Does this mean the oven is also changed out to electric. How does that work with only 120 volt supply (ie I' guessing it's a special oven model, can you clarify/expand on what you did there.
I ask this as I've considered changing but was going to delete the oven and get a good sized convection microwave to be able to handle some of the typical oven jobs. Was this in fact you approach to electric only?
Thks in advance
I did not change the stove or oven in any way,..... everything is still in place and can be easily converted back to propane if ever wanted,......I meant, all the gadgets she cooks with are elect., ....2 rice cookers, small crock pot, large crock pot, hot plate, grill, Keurig Mini, and a couple of elect. pots just for boiling water,.....

our cook top had a hinged glass cover,...... when I removed it, I still didn't have a flat surface, there was a small raised ridge from the cook top that was still higher than the surrounding counter top,... I cut a 1/2" plywood piece to fit and cover that whole area, and added a 1/2" high border underneath to raise it above that ridge to have a flat surface,..... wrapped it with the red & white and added the front piece so I could secure it in place,.... in short, I turned the whole area into just a counter top so she could use all the elect. gadgets she wanted to,...

the oven,.... she uses it as a dish cabinet, same thing at home, plus at home the dish washer is also a dish cabinet,... shes short and finds those are more convenient places to hold the dishes that she uses the most,.... for any oven cooking in the tt we use the Presto Pizzazz Rotating Oven, its small, easy to store and does a great job on pizza, fries, cheese sandwiches and everything else we've used it for, and its elect...... plus, I can take it outside to our little table under the awning to keep the extra heat out of the trailer,.....

https://www.amazon.com/Presto-03430-...+rotating+oven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0289.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	119291  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #18

I forgot to add, ... no, we don't remove or store any of that stuff for travel,.... we clip on the fence and are ready to do,..... we use a similar fence around the table for the same purpose,....... we leave our laptops and everything else just where it is, don't remove anything,.... the fence is cut from a 5" vinyl post and is removed when we get to the cg,......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0292.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	119295   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0296.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	119296   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0295.jpg
Views:	57