Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #61
Erinn

One more thing... We live in Central Oregon, at Three Rivers, a very secluded, private area (we see deer running by, while sitting in our hot tub!), gated entrance, etc. The one fear everyone has here, is FIRE, as it is extremely dry here, and our "seclusion" makes it somewhat difficult for emergency crews to get to us quickly...

That said, it happened! A huge fire (started by lightening strikes) swept thru here, late July. They evacuated everyone & when I got to the little shed where you turn off the main road to get to our home, the flames were so high (they were creeping up the canyon wall!), I just lost it & fell to pieces; about another half mile & our home, our ATVs, our boat, our shop + 3.5 acres would burn, & w/winds they way they were, it was heading for our place. The fire personnel literally kept it from crossing the road & we made it!!

Bottom line, we almost lost everything & we've only been here 6 yrs. Yes, we could re-build, but everything would be black, burned cinders.

A friend really put things in perspective for me, by stating, "You want to live in paradise, in the middle of a forest, you're gonna subject yourselves to fires, you knew that when you moved there!" "You need to take a step back for a minute & be GRATEFUL, be grateful YOU are okay, your hubby is okay, your dogs are okay." WE survived unscathed, but many dear friends lost things, & we have burned spots everywhere. No, we didn't lose our RV as you did, but my attitude has really improved & I'm grateful, every day. I only hope this may help a little?! Hang in there!

UPDATE : Graham Fire Now 60% Contained
SunseekerFunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is great View Post
That is some scary stuff! Looks like a stack of playing cards fell over, everybody wants a light camper so there goes all the strength.
You can't build an RV strong enough to handle a tornado. So having a light weight RV is NOT a bad thing.
cobaltpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #63
Trailer Park Supervisor

Bet Sunseeker gives a nice big donation to their fire department from now on every year!
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #64

😳 Glad you are ok. Wow.
Rhonda S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #65
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyminn View Post

Not sure why the pics are sideways. I tried to fix them about 10 times!
Always shoot horizontally with your phone (we see that way anywayz) and you shouldn't have this problem with cell phone photos.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #66

😢

So sorry, but I am praising God that y’all are safe

Always Prazing
Linda
Prazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #67

I’m so sorry!
s318830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is great View Post
That is some scary stuff! Looks like a stack of playing cards fell over, everybody wants a light camper so there goes all the strength.
A “light camper”? What? NO camper/ home etc. can withstand a direct hit by a tornado......Hello?
Bdlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:12 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
I'm glad you are ok. Did your insurance cover it? If so, what are you going to get? Same or a different one?

James
We had full replacement coverage on the TT, which included TTL. The insurance company cut us a check and took care of the clean up, which worked out great. We were going to order another Rockwood 2706ws, but decided to hold off for a while. My wife is now apprehensive about camping and there is no storm shelter where our camper was.