Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #11

From Tirerack;
"An overinflated tire is stiff and unyielding and the size of its footprint in contact with the road is reduced. If a vehicle's tires are overinflated by 6 psi, they could be damaged more easily when running over potholes or debris in the road. Higher inflated tires cannot isolate road irregularities well, causing them to ride harsher"

Enough already.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
You were correct to pump them up to 48psi.

That yellow sticker is for the factory OEM tires which you apparently have. Is this a brand new trailer from the dealer that had under-inflated tires?
Yea, that blew me away too.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam

You were correct to pump them up to 48psi.

That yellow sticker is for the factory OEM tires which you apparently have. Is this a brand new trailer from the dealer that had under-inflated tires?
Not a new trailer, was pulling it of storage after a couple months, with some wild fluctuations in temp over the last couple months. Thought it would be a good idea to check the pressure, and defaulted to the sticker - until I saw it matched the sidewall pressure. Thought about going with it, but decided to do a few lbs less because I don't have a digital pressure gauge, and would rather not over-inflate.

As far as I know, stock tires (we bought it used, a year old), I guess I was just surprised to see the sticker match the sidewall - every other vehicle seems to have a delta between the two.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
Not a new trailer, was pulling it of storage after a couple months, with some wild fluctuations in temp over the last couple months. Thought it would be a good idea to check the pressure, and defaulted to the sticker - until I saw it matched the sidewall pressure. Thought about going with it, but decided to do a few lbs less because I don't have a digital pressure gauge, and would rather not over-inflate.

As far as I know, stock tires (we bought it used, a year old), I guess I was just surprised to see the sticker match the sidewall - every other vehicle seems to have a delta between the two.
I think the fact that the yellow sticker is usually at max pressure is because they seem to always use the bare minimum tire, and so recommending the maximum pressure covers their butts in case anything goes wrong.
And your tires will lose pressure over time, and should always be checked when coming out of storage.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
From Tirerack;
"An overinflated tire is stiff and unyielding and the size of its footprint in contact with the road is reduced. If a vehicle's tires are overinflated by 6 psi, they could be damaged more easily when running over potholes or debris in the road. Higher inflated tires cannot isolate road irregularities well, causing them to ride harsher"...
Don't recall anyone recommending over inflating tires, just putting them to max Cold per sidewall.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

I think there is enough here for the OP to have his answer.
If the OP is satisfied his question has been answered I believe further beating of this horse would be futile.

If phrogpilot73 has further questions please start a new thread.

Thread Closed

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Closed Thread