Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #21

Obviously everyone's camping style/need's are different. I'm a solo traveler (plus my dog), and after an exhaustive search of all the Rockwood Mni Lites I finally opted for a model with a slide. In my unit, deploying the slide is totally optional since it only extends out my sleeper/sofa, but what a HUGE difference having that extra 24 inches of living space makes both physically and mentally. I would advise getting a slide whenever it's an option, especially when it isn't required to extend to operate any equipment that is critical. You asked... and got everyone's free opinion!
metalsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #22

In my 2306, my sons sleep in the bunks, and the closet next to the bunks is where they keep clothes. I don't see anything like that in the slide model.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, Supercab
etothepii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #23

Went from a tent trailer to 3 TT's--Last one had a slide-- and now have a 5'er..I agree with others that you should "play house" without the salesman in your unit....I always would sit on the "john" and go thru all the motions some are just too confined and slip off your shoes and stand in the shower and again move around and bend over etc....Good luck and hope you make the right choice......J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #24

Get the slide out. You'll be happier for longer. We went with the 2502KS for the additional seating of the sofa. You can't get to the bathroom when the slide is in but that is not a concern for us due to our style of travel. There is just two of us and the DW does not like setting up a bed every night. Either model, you'll love you Mini Lite.

Days Camped. 2015: 17
Days Camped 2016: 58
keeprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #25

We started camping in a TT that has no slides. We just ordered one with slides. I would definitely go with a slide.
firefighter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #26

Six or eight years ago, we had many camping friends who said they would never get a camper with a slideout because of so many horror stories they had heard. But now, I think the slides are very reliable. And the risk-to-reward ratio has become very favorable. I wouldn't be without one. So much more living space.

Good advice here about being aware of what might be blocked when the slide is in. Our bathroom door won't open with the slide in, but opening the slide half way (about a foot) allows us to get in. Not ideal, but better than not having a slide at all.

I vote for the slide every time. And even with some of the smaller campers, there are opposing slides that allow you to have a kitchen island. That is really cool in a 25-foot camper.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #27

To Slide or not?

We have had both and no question ......go with a slide. Just make sure you can load anything you will camp with in your TT and TV and still stay within your GCVW. Definitely better resale value. With very little PM, our slides over the years have been trouble free. As already mentioned, some trailers will let you access the whole trailer when slides are in. IMO only if you can access all of the trailer when closed, it prob means you have skinnier slides and hence less living room. When ours is in, we can acess bedroom and bathroom, which is all you need for a roadside stop . If you need more, me just pop the slide out enough to access what we need. Hope this helps.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide