Old 07-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #1

Toilet issues on Rockwood 8289ws

Anyone have issues with no water to your Toilet. Have
taken into dealer three times in 1st year. Each time was told they had to blow debris out of the lines due to build up from the water heater. Again after using the 5th wheel only 4 nights in May the 1st night out in July we have no water to the toilet.
Debris from the water heater doesn't seem likely to me as all faucets the have hot water are fine,only the toilet has an issue with no water.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #2

No problems here... We do use an external water filter in addition to the on-board filter, but I agree with you, what does the water heater have to do with water in the toilet?!

3.5L V-6 Ecoboost
Time-Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #3

If they're just cleaning out the toilet valve and not actually FLUSHING the line, I could see how you might have this issue 3 times.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #4

No issues here but if the water heater is polluting the toilet how? Is there hot water when you flush?
Old 07-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
Head Rambler

I'd say they weren't flushing the lines. I'd take the line loose at the toilet and hook up a small hose to run the water into either the toilet or the shower and flush the system using both city water and the pump to be sure you get all the debris out of the system.

Once you've done that, you can hook it back up and should be good to go.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emason83 View Post
Anyone have issues with no water to your Toilet. Have
taken into dealer three times in 1st year. Each time was told they had to blow debris out of the lines due to build up from the water heater. Again after using the 5th wheel only 4 nights in May the 1st night out in July we have no water to the toilet.
Debris from the water heater doesn't seem likely to me as all faucets the have hot water are fine,only the toilet has an issue with no water.
This is dealer BS!! your hot water heater (HWH) does not supply water to the toilet!

Check the operation of your toilet flush pedal - When you press it down does it fully open the valve to the black tank? If not adjust it so it does - these two items (water flow and tank valve opening) are intimately related.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #7

You say, "last year" ... so I take it for granted your trailer is out of warranty. In that case put the rubber gloves on and reach down in the toilet and grease ( use Vaseline) the rubber seal around the bowl where it dumps down. Put some water in and see if it holds water. If it does --good!!! You can replace the rubber seal later.
If it doesn't hold you may try repositioning the toilet over the floor bracket. Just loosen the bolts and move the toilet slightly so it lines up right over the hole. Retighten and try again.

If all else fails then buy a new porcelain toilet and mama will appreciate it.
Good luck.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #8

The hot water heater feeds the toilet indirectly. Search my posts on the Georgetown forum as I don't have time to explain right now.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #9

Hiya!

We ended up having an issue like you're describing on our 2014 2109S. Our challenge started as overall lower water pressure. Kinda out of the blue.

I cleaned the filter screen on the water pump. Which it needed. But that helped everything EXCEPT the toilet.

What the toilet issue was, was a partially clogged inline filter screen in the flush valve, where the supply hose connects to the flush valve. I turned off the water (of course) drained pressure, then detached the hose from the toilet. No tools required unless the hand-tightened hose collar is too tight.

Even though our toilet is too close to the wall to see inside the flush valve supply connector, I randomly poked around in different spots with a toothpick. I could feel resistance like there was blockage in the screen.

I reconnected the hose and pressured it up. Voila! BETTER than original whoosh! At least the wife thinks so. Which is what counts!
Old 07-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
Members

Cold water feeds the water heater and all the cold water taps. The hot water does not migrate through the cold water lines.

Reese Revolution Pin Box
Tommy Joann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood