Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Toilet leak - help!

All of a sudden water started spewing from the back of my toilet. From the connection fitting I think.

Is there any way to just turn the water to the toilet off? That way I don't have to keep the water shut off to the entire trailer until I get the toilet fixed.

Also, with the water off at the toilet, can I just hand fill the toilet with water and continue to use it until I can get it hooked back up to pressurized water?

I have a 2007 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
All of a sudden water started spewing from the back of my toilet. From the connection fitting I think.

Is there any way to just turn the water to the toilet off? That way I don't have to keep the water shut off to the entire trailer until I get the toilet fixed.
I doubt it.

Quote:
Also, with the water off at the toilet, can I just hand fill the toilet with water and continue to use it until I can get it hooked back up to pressurized water?

I have a 2007 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite.
Yes you can.
But you still need to keep the water and pump off till repairs are made.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Always Learning

My camper did not have a water disconnect for the toilet- I had to shut down the whole camper's water until it was fixed.

Yes, a small bucket of water is sufficient for flushes.

What kind of toilet do you have? Our Dometic toilet- the water valve broke (in my case, it was after winter and it cracked due to freezing) and the symptoms were similar to what you posted.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4

I have a Thetford Model 31683. The leak looked like it was spraying from where the water hose connects to the toilet.

As far as I can tell there was no slow leak that could have warned me this was coming...just suddenly heard a large hissing sound and water was spraying all over the place!

I guess it could just be a problem with the connector, but it looks like these toilets are so inexpensive I might as well buy a new unit. I bought this 2007 TT used and suspect this toilet is original...either way I can't really trust it now.

Will the kit that comes with the toilet include everything I'll need to do the swap out, including a new connector? I don't was to do the swap out only to find it's still spraying and I'm a part short (a new connector) of getting the job done...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2544656570.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	41422   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-192081336.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	41423