Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
I tow a 2701SS with a 1500 4X4 Quad Cab Dodge that has a 355 rear end and a Hemi. My transmission shifts on steep grades or long grades. In East Tennessess, every where I go is up hill in both directions. The truck actually does fine. I average 9-11 mph and have dropped to 8 and actually got 12 when I hit flat ground. It all relates to how you drive. I try to maintain 60-65 mph and let everyone else be in a hurry. A 392 rear end would be better for towing, but I would lose the everyday gas mileage or non-towing mileage. No more than I tow, I'm okay with the slow pace and mpg. If I were traveling for weeks, I would definitely look for a diesel T.V.

jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote

iid, rockwood, tundra

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.