Old 10-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #11
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
JT Strong Arms and x chocks. Some people have added extra electric stab jacks under trailer in front of the axle with mixed results. Never under the slides, that will wreck the seals and mechanism
Use the chocks but a lot of mith in the jacks for the slide outs . Why would they make them if they did not work. Maybe to folks not installing correctly. I use them and never had an issues as long as you use your smarts. Do not over tighten. Do as you please but I do use them and have for 6 years. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #12

I've read, I've heard, some one said, they said. What every one seems to call jacks are not meant to be jacks. They are to stabilize the slides to reduce side movement. If you are using them as jacks you are using them incorrectly in my opinion. As poster from Georgia said do not over tighten. Been using them for almost 3 years and no problems. If some one has had a Real problem then by all means post so we may learn.

Dave

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplus View Post
We have a new Rockwood 32’ TT front kitchen with electric stabilizer jacks front and rear. Last trip we found out that if you walk thru the trailer it is not stable at all….When tried to sleep if one of us turned over, me in the bedroom or my wife on the table/bed the whole trailer rocked. It is not stable!! I plan on putting the 4 sided hand screw jacks under each corner of the slide outs to help stable the trailer.
If that doesn’t work what’s next????? Help Help
We have a 34 foot Windjammer and our 10 lb dog could make the trailer jump as bad as my 220 lb fat butt jumping in it. I went to the local auto wrecker and got two car jacks for $10.00 and put them in front of the front axle.
Also have x chokes on the wheels but the two jacks took 90% of the bounce out.
I looked at the camco jacks but in my opinion are junk compared to the auto jacks.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
We have a 34 foot Windjammer and our 10 lb dog could make the trailer jump as bad as my 220 lb fat butt jumping in it. I went to the local auto wrecker and got two car jacks for $10.00 and put them in front of the front axle.
Also have x chokes on the wheels but the two jacks took 90% of the bounce out.
I looked at the camco jacks but in my opinion are junk compared to the auto jacks.

Very nice. Well done!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #15

Slide jacks are not recommended because if the trailer settles and the slide jacks don't, well you understand the problem. We had a 33 ft. TT with stabilizers on each corner. We used slide jacks on both slides because settling was never an issue. Good scissor wheel chocks will really help. We have a FW now and I won't use the slide jacks. Have 4 of them and would love to sell them.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #16

They are slide stabilizers. They are not intended to lift the slides, rigs. etc. If you use them as JACKS you are not using them correctly in MY opinion. And as another poster stated, why do they sell them???

Dave

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, trailer