Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I installed new endurance tires just a little over a year ago and I asked the shop that installed my tires if I needed metal stems he said no as they also installed new heaver rubber stems.
My tire guy did the same thing. He said the factory Castle Rock's didn't have the high pressure valve stems.
aguyandhiscomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:23 AM   #82
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightmike View Post
Thanks. I’m also having a hard time getting rid of what seems to be perfectly good tires. But that’s a whole nether thread.
You will get some life out of them but I'm not sure I can agree with your 'perfectly good' assessment.

By watching them closely and monitoring them with a TPMS, I was able to get about 8k miles on mine before three of them failed. I've seen others report similar results.

My point is... I've not seen ANY reports of someone replacing them because they'd worn them out or because of age. Only because they failed.

I wouldn't classify that as a 'good tire.'

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #83

Can't wait for the next new "What TPMS is the best" thread to get started.

Over 20 pages from this FRF on Google on this very subject.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #84

I recommend the TST 507 and use a repeater if you are longer than 35 feet to prevent any loss of signal. Our 5er is 44' oal and we would occasionally lose signal on the right rear wheel before we added the repeater. Very good system and good support customer support.
RogerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #85
Gold Tee Box

We have monitors on our Tow Vehicle, but not TT. I've used these for years on other types of trailers as well. You can purchase at most any psi you need.

I do a walk around at every stop, and occasionally check pressure myself to validate, but these work pretty good without constant monitoring systems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 psi.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	447.4 KB
ID:	178737  

Teetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetime View Post
I do a walk around at every stop, and occasionally check pressure myself to validate, but these work pretty good without constant monitoring systems.
The problem is if you pick up a nail between your stops and your tire loses all of its air and self destructs taking parts of the trailer with it.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:32 AM   #87

I've got a couple questions about the TST-507 TPMS & hope someone here might be able to answer. I installed my sensors on my valve stems (not flow through) & did everything the way the directions said to do it. The tire pressure & heat read great, with no problems, but I can't get rid of the low pressure & low battery (looks like a flat tire) warnings on the screen. I set the low & high pressure warnings in the order the directions said to do it, low 1st then high I believe it was, because my tires only hold 50 psi of pressure. Anybody else have this problem & know how to fix it? Will this not work for tires under 50 psi? Thanks for any help in advance.
zippersbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #88

Not trying to be a smart A** but did you peel off the protective screen cover?

from the manual:

LOW PRESSURE ALARM SETTING
To set up the Low-pressure Alarm, press the “SET” button until it
beeps. Press the (+) button once and “LOW PRESSURE SET” will
appear. Again, press the “SET” button to enter that mode. Press
the “GO” Button to select the appropriate axle. Use the (+) or (-)
buttons to adjust the low-pressure alarm 10% below your normal
tire pressure for that axle. Press the “GO” button to move to the
next axle. When done setting each axle that you have sensors
on, press the “SET” button to leave that parameter and go back
to the menu. When done, press the “BACK” button to go to the
Main Screen.
When you get to the Trailer Section of the display, all the tires
will flash. You can now set all the trailer axle low pressures as one
group.
NOTE: If your tire pressure is below 100 lbs., you must set the
low-pressure alarms first and then, when done, set the high-
pressure alarms. The high pressure cannot go below the default
low pressure of 100 psi until the low pressure is reduced.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippersbs View Post
I've got a couple questions about the TST-507 TPMS & hope someone here might be able to answer. I installed my sensors on my valve stems (not flow through) & did everything the way the directions said to do it. The tire pressure & heat read great, with no problems, but I can't get rid of the low pressure & low battery (looks like a flat tire) warnings on the screen. I set the low & high pressure warnings in the order the directions said to do it, low 1st then high I believe it was, because my tires only hold 50 psi of pressure. Anybody else have this problem & know how to fix it? Will this not work for tires under 50 psi? Thanks for any help in advance.
call TST direct and talk to them they are great and will solve you problem straight away
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #90

Thanks for your quick response & no you're not being a smart a** cause I didn't take the film off the 1st time when I was trying to set them, LOL. I did do the low pressure 1st then the high pressure, but I did have a helluva time trying to get them to pair up at first.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
call TST direct and talk to them they are great and will solve you problem straight away
I guess that's what I'll have to do, I was hoping to not do that cause a lot of times I get someone who doesn't know anymore about the product than I do. Or I press 1 for English & STILL get someone I can't understand, LOL, but thanks I'll give them a call this afternoon.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #92

+1 on calling TST, great people willing to help.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #93

[QUOTE=zippersbs;1874747I did have a helluva time trying to get them to pair up at first.[/QUOTE]I found that I have to lay the sensor right on top of the screen and they pair within a couple seconds.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #94
Plano, TX

**UPDATE**

I finally got a chance to set up the King Auto system I got a few months ago. Programming was pretty easy with the manual, but two of the sensors would not sync up. After about 15 minutes of driving one of them synced up but the last (of 4) took a few hours before it finally synced up. This unit shows temp and psi. After several hours of highway driving, you would think the temp in each tire would be the same, but the temp readings were all over the place. Anywhere from 86-104 degrees. The pressures were within 1-2 PSI of my analog gauge and fairly consistent. You can tell the whole thing is a cheap POS but it seems to work "okay" but I don't think it checks the pressure as often as claimed. The biggest issue I have with it is that you can't set the high pressure alarm less than 100 PSI. Overall, I would not recommend it.
Ale_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale_Brewer View Post
**UPDATE**

I finally got a chance to set up the King Auto system I got a few months ago. Programming was pretty easy with the manual, but two of the sensors would not sync up. After about 15 minutes of driving one of them synced up but the last (of 4) took a few hours before it finally synced up. This unit shows temp and psi. After several hours of highway driving, you would think the temp in each tire would be the same, but the temp readings were all over the place. Anywhere from 86-104 degrees. The pressures were within 1-2 PSI of my analog gauge and fairly consistent. You can tell the whole thing is a cheap POS but it seems to work "okay" but I don't think it checks the pressure as often as claimed. The biggest issue I have with it is that you can't set the high pressure alarm less than 100 PSI. Overall, I would not recommend it.
The temperature is not really the temperature of the tires. It measures the external temperature near the tires (unless you happen to have a fancy unit with an internal temperature probe, but it does not sound fancy!). The temperature therefore depends both on the temperature of the tire and of the hubcap or wheel "decoration." These are affected in a big way by where the sun is shining. I had a high temperature alarm go off once when we were parked at a rest area, which was rather disconcerting. I had forgotten to turn the system off, and the sun baking on the sunny side tires had sent the temperature up to something like 150F or maybe higher. Using an infrared temperature sensor, I was able to determine that it was the temperature of the wheel decorator, not the tire. It was acting like a solar reflective oven. End of crisis!
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire, tpms, trailer