Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #21

Please get one. I'm sure they all work.

The support I've had from the folks at TST, is simply amazing. Best customer service I think I have ever gotten from any purchase.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #22
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
I am in the market for a TPMS system also and yesterday's thread resulted in me spending several hours researching. I ended up making this matrix for myself. Got most of the info from the mfgs. website and some from the Q&A's for each product on Amazon. Some info for each is still unknown to me.

To me it looks like the Tire Traker and the Tire Minder are clones of each other. Their owners manuals are virtually identical with the same pictures and verbage. Based on features and price, I am leaning towards the EEZRV (typo in the matrix) but I am open to changing my mind with corrected info..

If any of you owners of the different systems could/would fill in the question marks I would be very appreciative.

Prices are the lowest I could find, whether from Amazon or the mfg..
I am probably wrong but I believe the TST 507 system has a programmable temperature alarm. IMO, they have the best system with the best support.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
I am probably wrong but I believe the TST 507 system has a programmable temperature alarm. IMO, they have the best system with the best support.
Adjustable temperature and pressure setting.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #24

TPMS

I have a Rockwood 8289 and have TireMinder TM-66 with the spare and tires monitored. hooked the repeater to power at the pin mount and mounted under the cap.
jim659102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #25

Been thinking about these systems. I want to put one on our new coach but DH is not so sure. We never had one on our trailer and he is wondering what is the benefit? Our friend just had a blowout of one of his inside rear tires yesterday. Caused a bit of damage not only to the wheel well but interior also. His tires were 3 years old and upon visual inspection looked ok. Question is, what would the TPMS have shown and would it have prevented the blowout? After his experience I am leaning toward insisting on getting one. What can I say to my hubby to convince him that it is worth it. He is pretty diligent about manually checking tire pressure at the beginning of a trip but not so much during a trip. Help me!
Thanks!
Linda
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #26

Uh......it would have shown "Tire X is now at zero pressure!!"............while you're rolling along.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Uh......it would have shown "Tire X is now at zero pressure!!"............while you're rolling along.
So not so helpful! Want to know what it would have shown BEFORE the blowout! He knew it had blown, there was a big noise. Didn't need a TPMS to tell him that!
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #28

How could it show anything before the blowout? Most folks that have trailer blowouts don't know immediately. There are 2 axles.

Sorry, was just trying to answer. Maybe someone else can help you.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #29

Blowouts are normally caused by overheating which the TST system would have shown him. Also the sudden rise in pressure would have been indicated.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #30
Site Team

There is no guarantee they will always prevent a blowout, but they will greatly increase your chance of advance warning and reduce the possibility of of driving with a damaged tire. Consider it insurance.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #31

I put a TST507 system with color monitor and non-flow through caps on our 40ft Cedar Creek 36CK2. The system came with the repeater, but I opted not to install it just yet. We drove 6400 miles from Dallas up through Glacier, Yellowstone, etc and the system worked fine. I'd lose connection every once in a while but the system would cycle through the tires and would come back on. System worked fine for us.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
There is no guarantee they will always prevent a blowout, but they will greatly increase your chance of advance warning and reduce the possibility of of driving with a damaged tire. Consider it insurance.
^^^^^^
Old 07-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
How could it show anything before the blowout? Most folks that have trailer blowouts don't know immediately. There are 2 axles.

Sorry, was just trying to answer. Maybe someone else can help you.
No worries, I just wanted to know if these systems can help prevent what happened to him. I just posted my question on the Dynamax motorhome forum because we have a motorhome not a trailer and the answer might be different for a motorhome than a trailer.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #34

Well I was wrong, it probably WOULD have shown a rise in temp. I haven't had one till now.........but it scared me to not have it. Thanks to TST mine is now working.

But yes, it might be. I often misread where these are posted.......I just go to 'new posts'. I wish each thread were labeled.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #35
mads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
Been thinking about these systems. I want to put one on our new coach but DH is not so sure. We never had one on our trailer and he is wondering what is the benefit? Our friend just had a blowout of one of his inside rear tires yesterday. Caused a bit of damage not only to the wheel well but interior also. His tires were 3 years old and upon visual inspection looked ok. Question is, what would the TPMS have shown and would it have preventeon bi
d the blowout? After his experience I am leaning toward insisting on getting one. What can I say to my hubby to convince him that it is worth it. He is pretty diligent about manually checking tire pressure at the beginning of a trip but not so much during a trip. Help me!
Thanks!

Linda
I had a tire fail as a dual. Tire was completely ruined before I noticed it. Drove to Discount Tires and they replaced it. Bought the first TPMS . Had two valve stems go bad with air loss causing an alarm. Went to the second external syste. Had to another valve stem go bad with air loss. Went to the internal system - have not had any problems.
So, for peace of mind and no problems I am very glad to switch from external to internal.
madsledet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
Been thinking about these systems. I want to put one on our new coach but DH is not so sure. We never had one on our trailer and he is wondering what is the benefit? Our friend just had a blowout of one of his inside rear tires yesterday. Caused a bit of damage not only to the wheel well but interior also. His tires were 3 years old and upon visual inspection looked ok. Question is, what would the TPMS have shown and would it have prevented the blowout? After his experience I am leaning toward insisting on getting one. What can I say to my hubby to convince him that it is worth it. He is pretty diligent about manually checking tire pressure at the beginning of a trip but not so much during a trip. Help me!
Thanks!
Linda
What you say to DH is this...."You know that thing I do that you really like? It's not happening again until after you order and install a TPMS" There will be a system installed in no time at all
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
With dozens upon dozens of systems out there, how do you really decide on what's best ?
Go to all the web sites. Look at programming, features and what they look like. Except for the name, they appear to be all the same.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:38 AM   #38
Plano, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsledet View Post
I had a non-flow through then went to a flow through. I had valve stem problems with both. I am now using an internal one and I like it lot. We are full timers with 70,000 miles in 2 1/2 years so the tires have rotated a lot. This last one was much more expensive but so is waiting for a repair person to replace a valve stem in a hot place.

The new one is made by Dill. They have models based on your vehicle.
Is this the one that Discount Tire sells? I've been searching for this elusive internal sensor kit but have had no luck.
Ale_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:10 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawler506 View Post
Does anyone have a system which they like? I figure a TPMS is cheaper than the insurance deductible for the tire blowout damage.

I also run the TM-507,purchased it from TSTtruck.com,friendly and helpful folks to deal with.
PharrOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale_Brewer View Post
Is this the one that Discount Tire sells? I've been searching for this elusive internal sensor kit but have had no luck.
The only internal system I could find is from TST.

If you already have the TST 507 you could probably just change out the sensors - - but - - I couldn't find just internal sensors or internal sensor kits anywhere on their website. They obviously make them so it may just be a matter of contacting them and asking.

https://tsttruck.com/products/507-se...yscale-display $339 4 sensor grayscale

https://tsttruck.com/products/507-se...-color-display $409 4 sensor color

https://tsttruck.com/products/507-se...yscale-display $469 6 sensor grayscale

https://tsttruck.com/products/507-se...-color-display $539 6 sensor color

P.S. - - - A TST company youtube video on the internal sensor kit (the first 1 1/2 mins are about the sensor. the rest is about the 507 monitor):
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire, tpms, trailer