Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #1

TT Cover Or Not

I just purchased a Rockwood 2604SS. I was thinking of getting a cover for the TT.What are the Pro's and Con's on having a cover if any.
Uwantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #2

I don't cover mine, but a friend of mine does and he has a Jayco. He has been covering his for about three years now. He had a problem with the cover rubbing the sureface of his camper and he had a tear from it moving when the wind was blowing, so what he did was ancher the bottom of the cover to the ground on an angle away from the camperall the way around and so far it has worked out for him.
The anchers he used were wooden so this season i suggested to him to buy extra screw downs like the ones you use for your awning or the same type that is used for dogs and so he did, he said that worked out better.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #3

I have found that covering a trailer while not necessary keeps it clean. I would reccomend it. I used a cover by ADCO and had no problems with rubbing or tearing and I did nothing more than use the cover according to the instructions.

Mike
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #4

It rains a lot here on the west coast. I have an Adco cover for our 2603 and it gives me great peace of mind. Don't have to worry about leaks and the TT comes out spotless in the spring.
Fireman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #5

covers

What about covers on Class A Motorhomes, any input. Pros and cons?
Scotty-Georgia Brown
Scotty-Watson
Westy-Holms
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #6

We cover our class C. If there is something I can do to prevent snow and ice building up on the roof then I'm going to do it. I would rather have a couple rub spots then water damage.

I do make a few modifications. On the bottom where the black straps go from side to side, I added six more of them to keep the wind from whipping it around. I also buy the 3 year protection plan, I use it for 2 years and then take it back for a new one. We have done this twice and camping world still continues to offer us the protection plan on the new one we get. There are so many sharp edges that it is almost impossible to keep it from getting a hole in it some where.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1440 (Small).JPG
Views:	168
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	4732  
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #7

I asked the owner of the storage lot where we will be keeping our camper why so few RVs had covers on them. He said they just get torn up. You have to keep them very tightly strapped to prevent the wind from ripping them apart. I live in North Texas that may be part of the problem. Between UV rays and the wind apparently they don't stand much of a chance. If you decide to get one I would follow Motocrosscamper's advice and pay extra for the warranty.
thull87814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood