Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 05:56 AM   #1

TT Is In

Dealer called on Friday telling me our TT had come in. We ordered the 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS in early May (order was actually sent to Forest River on the 11th). Forest River initially scheduled into production for the week of the 15th of June. Considering that it showed up at the dealer on June 19th I'd say they (FR) are doing quite well with their capacity planning and ERP processes.

Anyway, we set up the PDI for this coming Thursday but we really wanted to at least take a quick look at it prior to...just to be sure. We're about an hour away from the dealer so we took a ride over late Saturday afternoon to see the unit. The dealership is having their lot resurfaced and everything was really cramped so our unit was accessible but none of the slides could be opened. This was expected and not an issue because the PDI will be the fine-tooth comb inspection. The TT looks really good and everything that we could access was as ordered.

We'll be going in early Thursday with plans to spend a good part of the day going over the TT and anything that we might find needing address. From here on I would guess that I will be showing up here often with countless questions. I haven't owned an RV for over 20 years and was never much of an expert when I did.

Be prepared for the question onslaught and in the mean time please make any suggestions with regard to "things to look for" during the PDI, and after for that matter. I have downloaded checklists from a number of forums but I am open to any and all help with this undertaking.

Thanks gang and getting pretty excited right now.
mikemc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #2

How EXCITING, Congratulations!!! Take your time on your PDI

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Great. Just take a note book with ya and jot down a lot of what is being covered. Helps a bunch. That's what we did. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #4

Congrats,we video taped important parts with our phone
NOREASTRV is offline   Reply With Quote